Included picture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khen7513

Phils = World Champs
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for secondary applications, some, (LMU) ask you to include an optional photo.

What kind of picture are you guys putting on there? Like the one you use for a passport?

Honestly, I just want to get this application out, and I don't want to be searching for a photo if it need to be all professionally done. Does it look bad if I don't include one?

Thanks in advance yo.

Members don't see this ad.

You got the right idea--make sure it is approximately the size of a passport photo with an off-white or light blue background (just dont have some crazy background, these colors are pretty conservative).
If you can, try to take the picture with your interview suit on. If not, a nice collared shirt would suffice. It is good to convey the image of professionalism whenever possible.
A good way to go about this is to go to your local shop and get a passport photo, or take your own pic with a digital camera (i recommend the latter because you get to decide which picture you like best).
Then you can call up Kinko's and email me them the image and they can print it out on photo-quality paper for something like $1.40 a page. I requested two pages and had something like 40 pictures as a result!

I didn't send a picture to any schools. I didn't have any and I had better things to do with my time than try to get one before sending off my apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL I sent in one from when I was at a theme park...it was from my shoulders up, but still haha

LOL I sent in one from when I was at a theme park...it was from my shoulders up, but still haha
I hope it was one of those rollercoaster action shots, because that would be awesome.

I hope it was one of those rollercoaster action shots, because that would be awesome.

I have one of those where both of the cars behind me had someone flipping off the camera. Both! I woulda used it for my apps, but I couldn't get it out of the commemorative frame.

I have one of those where both of the cars behind me had someone flipping off the camera. Both! I woulda used it for my apps, but I couldn't get it out of the commemorative frame.

Probably a good thing haha :thumbup:

The picture is not an unusual request; I had to send one with my first PA license application. I only had 2 schools request pics though; my husband took the pic (against a red wall, gasp!, and the flash overreacted so I look really pale) but it's a decent pic anyway. We just cropped it to 2x2 and printed out a page of copies. Do write your name & AMCAS/AACOMAS ID on the back of the picture. OHSU wanted a date on my picture (I thought that was odd, guess they wanted to be sure it was current). I think the biggest reason they request pics is to match you up to your app on interview day, but I could be wrong.
L.

I just used my high school senior picture. I was in a suit and tie and I still look the same (excpet my hair is longer).