Incoming P1, personality types...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tuck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know some schools have people do the personality type thing for incoming P1's. Any idea what the purpose of this is supposed to be? At any rate, kind of curious what other peoples personality type's are. I think we used the Keirsey description based on the Jung-Meyers-Briggs test. I turned out to be a Mastermind. What are you?! The test can be found at http://www.humanmetrics.com if your curious. I am sort of wondering what the majority of people might be, so post here if you take it or already know.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the Jung-Meyers Briggs gives you the choices of Introvert/Extrovert, Sensing/iNtuitive, Thinking/Feeling, Judging/Perceiving. Where did you get mastermind? Anyway I think it's all nonsense. I don't believe you HAVE to be one of two extremes...it should be a spectrum. I thought I was a ISTP, but when I scored the test, I turned out to be a INFJ. When I was reading the description for my results, I read the wrong one, but when I read it, I was thinking "oh yeah, that is me." But then I realized I had read the wrong one, and when I read the right one, I thought, "oh yeah, that's me too!" And then I read the one for what I originally thought I was without the test, and I thought "hey, that's me too!" :rolleyes: :laugh: So it's like reading your horoscope, and it's all nonsense. You can totally adapt yourself and your life to whatever it says because it's so general. At this point, I think we know what type we are.

The only tests that matter to me are the ones that told me that if I were a monkey, I'd be a chimpanzee....and if I were a breed of dog, I'd be a Scottish Terrier....and if I were a star wars character, I'd be yoda! :cool: :laugh:

I am the Counselor Idealist according to the Keirsey intepretation. From the Jung personality type I am Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Judging. These seem pretty accurate and I am a very introverted person. I like personality quizzes, they are kind of fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
The J-M-B test does look at those categories, from there I guess Keirsey extrapolates based on those results as to what your personality type is by breaking it into one of four categories. With those categories (Rational, Idealists, artisan, guardian) or something like that they are broken into 4 other categories. Mastermind(iNTj) is one of the 4 rational personality types.

Members don't see this ad :)
INTJ Mastermind...all of you get to work on my plans for world domination please.

bananaface said:
Speaking of J... this exam is biased. The statement "You feel involved when watching TV soaps" assumes that we watch that crap.

I imagine that anyone exposed to a TV has seen at least parts of a soap...daytime or evening. If you have and changed the channel, well, you aren't feeling too involved are you?

imperial frog said:
I imagine that anyone exposed to a TV has seen at least parts of a soap...daytime or evening. If you have and changed the channel, well, you aren't feeling too involved are you?
The boys at work keep turning on Days of Our Lives during lunch in the break room. Apparently this week it went Sci-Fi. Maybe they are trying to attract the Buffy the Vampire slayer crowd? If I make fun of soap operas, does that count as being involved? :D

I'm a A?DKJEMC#%@j, cause I have no idea what's going on here.

I haven't tested myself in several years, but I'm still the same ENTP - the Inventor. Am I the only extrovert on the board?

bananaface said:
The boys at work keep turning on Days of Our Lives during lunch in the break room. Apparently this week it went Sci-Fi. Maybe they are trying to attract the Buffy the Vampire slayer crowd? If I make fun of soap operas, does that count as being involved? :D

I called my Mom a couple of weeks ago, and she was telling me about people at work complaining about that show. Apparently it went Sci-Fi like a year ago. Something about a new writer, I think. I was only halfway paying attention when she was telling me this because I care that much about soap operas. It is funny, though, that the topic showed up again...at least in my world.

I am an ESJF.... I am a Provider in the guardian quad. I can't believe everyone else is an I. My description said that I would be good in the medical field though so that's a plus :)

ENFP here. Which I guess according to the description, makes pharmacy a strange career choice for me. Oh well.

I just retook this version of the test, and it says I am ISFJ, and a Protector (Guardian). The description sounds like me...( :laugh: but so did every other type I thought I was before.)

jdpharmd? said:
I'm a A?DKJEMC#%@j, cause I have no idea what's going on here.

Yeah, jd, you can be a bit of a "A?DKJEMC#%@j" sometimes, but overall you're a good guy. Don't be so hard on yourself. ;)

Ok...
This is getting bumped but its not b/c of incoming P1/personality types...

As a p3 we had to retake them in our Human Resources class

we also had to take a temperament test.

Everyone came into class today fairly upset about their temperaments...
It was rather amusing.

Do any other curriculums make you take them once? how about again??

I mean we had to take them during orentation and they told us that most pharmacy students were the same thing (never said what that was) but now we have to do them again.

The temperament test we had to take was here:
http://www.xenoscleveland.org/temperaments/temperament_test.htm

A good website I found that gave descriptions of the results is here:
http://www.oneishy.com/personality/

Oh and btw I am an ESTJ and I believe most of my class is...

I've noticed lots of people are "J" for judgemental rather than "P" for perceiving. I'm almost 100% "P", when I've had testing done on a sliding scale. Do you think "J" is a better trait for a pharmacist? I'm more of a go with the flow type of person, anything anyone wants to do is okay with me and I never judge another person. I'm cool with anything.

dgroulx said:
I've noticed lots of people are "J" for judgemental rather than "P" for perceiving. I'm almost 100% "P", when I've had testing done on a sliding scale. Do you think "J" is a better trait for a pharmacist? I'm more of a go with the flow type of person, anything anyone wants to do is okay with me and I never judge another person. I'm cool with anything.
I don't have a clue what is "better" we are going to be discussing both personality and temperament in class on tuesday and i will definitely be reporting back!

you would probably end up phlegmatic on the temperament test since you say you are cool with anything...

I would think that temperament would be great in retail!!!!!

I am an INFP, a so-called Healer Idealist...with more weight on the I & N than the F & P.

I'm INTJ (Mastermind) and I have meloncholy temperment.

Great, I'm a freakin' depressed poet, but at least I'm brillant. I'm gonna quit pharmacy now so I can write and only be remembered/read some years down the line when my crappy poetry is assigned in a high school English class. Teenagers everywhere will hate me :D Actually... that's kind of nifty. I get to be one of those cranky older people that cuts up the neighbour kids' nerf balls when they roll into my yard! "Get off my property, you whippersnapper!" Sweeeet... then everyone will fear me, and I'll never have to buy Halloween candy, or lend anyone a cup of flour or whatever neighbours do these days. Not quite how I've imagined my growing old, but it's something ;)

[Sorry I talk so much. I'm stuck at home 'cause my car won't start, and the boyfriend is at work until 9. Bah!]

INFJ here again :oops:

bbmuffin said:
Ok...
Oh and btw I am an ESTJ and I believe most of my class is...

Same here...I am an ESTJ

(We never had to take any personality tests in my pharm school)

:laugh:

WVURxGal said:
I'm INTJ (Mastermind) and I have meloncholy temperment.
I sit in the back row and everyone but me was melancholy

bbmuffin said:
I sit in the back row and everyone but me was melancholy

Hah, really? For some reason that surprises me. Maybe your classmates and I can get together and have a pharmacy poetry slam! Or maybe we can battle rap! That mental image should amuse me for at least an hour.

(/still stuck at home and in need of amusement)

I'm INFJ. Sadly I'm so indecisive, and feeling and such that I am only slightly or moderately these things according to the question.

What gets me is that I thought pharmacy students were all anal. We took some personality test in a touchy feely lab and almost every classmate with lab at the same time as me was basically anal, although I don't remember which test it was.

Anyway- I also think that are personality tests have changed depending on what year in school. We entered school as good and smart and hopeful and then were crushed by some of the coursework only to come to the realization that although we are geniuses compared to the McDonalds chef, when it comes to other pharmacy students we are developmentally delayed. That's me anyway.

INTJ and I took the temperment test and came out mostly choleric.

I just took the tempermant test. I scored highest on phlegmatic.

INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
100 11 33 78

Jason

Ok folks...
here are the results from my class....

Apparently most pharmacists are ISTJ

Most in my class were melancholy

we had almost no Ps- 3.9%

We discussed doing a myers briggs test for applicants and the pros and cons of it.

what are your alls thoughts of that?!?