Incomplete Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Me_Gusta_Drugs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have there been any other people that have had problems with jumping through ALL the hoops in this damn application process. Specifically with Western and UOP which require supplemental this and supplemental that. For both those schools I have been denied acceptance because i supposedly didnt fill out one of their stupid supplemental forms. And I made sure to double check that I had everything in and I called the schools to be sure and guess what they were so kind enough to tell me now rather than 4 months ago. I kno some1 else who had the same problems. Anyone else have these probs??

Members don't see this ad.

Western: so did they send you an email or anything saying your application was complete? mine was barely completed recently which i think is pretty late since they are about 75% done with all the interviews.

pAwSN said:
Western: so did they send you an email or anything saying your application was complete? mine was barely completed recently which i think is pretty late since they are about 75% done with all the interviews.

they sent me saying it was incomplete to my wrong address which i put down as a temporary address 3 weeks ago. I think this application BS is designed to turn people away.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me_Gusta_Drugs said:
... I think this application BS is designed to turn people away.

So true...with so many applicants they'll look for any way to narrow their search. My friend was on the admissions staff for the chemistry grad. school at UCLA and they would toss people out after reading only 2 lines of a personal statement.

Yeah I actually had the problem with "incomplete" applications for UW, UCSF, UOP and Buffalo...UCSF and UOP said I filled out their supplemental applications incorrectly, while UW and Buffalo said they were missing some cover page for the letters of reference...

Your job is going to be a pharmacist. As a pharmacist you will need to be able to fill out all forms and fill them out correctly. If you can't even do that when you apply then why should they consider accepting you?

I know of no school that tries to prevent students from applying by requesting that you fill out additional forms. If they go through Pharmcas all the requirements should be listed right there. Every students needs to read and reread that application requirements for any school they apply to for admission.

If the students doesn't fill something out or fills it out incorrectly (yet others did fill it out or filled it out correctly) then it is hardly the schools fault. I've seen it numerous times when a student calls a university and is astonished that there is a supplemental....yet right there on pharmcas is specifically states...fill out the supplemental.

And if not going through pharmcas, the requirements ought to be right there on the COP website.

I had the same problem, my application collecting dust for a week because one of the schools I attended screwed up my transcript....stating that I graduated from a school I have never attended. :confused: So I had to contact this school I've never even heard of, in BFE, and have them send a letter to UT stating that I never attended their institution. Talk about hoops that shouldn't be there!

Me_Gusta_Drugs said:
they sent me saying it was incomplete to my wrong address which i put down as a temporary address 3 weeks ago. I think this application BS is designed to turn people away.
Most definatly, and I can't say I blame them. If someone isn't dedicated enough to fill out the paperwork and jump through all the hoops, why would they think that you'd be successful at their school?