Incomplete Grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uantoxic

Reaction score
Over the summer I took a few community college courses to get ahead in my classes and one of them was a Philosophy class that I never ended up transferring my credit for. I didn't realize this at the time and now it is December, but I have an incomplete for the class and I'm not exactly sure why. I am trying to change this with the teacher because I believe it was a mistake. If this incomplete cannot be changed however, would this affect my chances of getting into medical school?

I don't have a great gpa as of right now as well. For my university, I have a 3.49 and at the community college I had a 3.89 since the incomplete is not included. I'm worried on how this incomplete would look and if it would translate as an F on AAMC. This would bring my gpa very far down and I probably won't even be able to meet the 3.0 quota.

Another issue is that I've had a tough time trying to volunteer and find clinical experience with the pandemic going on. I live with my mom who has a chance of falling severely ill if I were to spread the virus to her. She also works in an area that is high in elderly population so I am not exactly willing to take the risk of doing any clinical experience since I am already a research assistant right now and that is enough of a risk now. It has been hard for me to find any clinical experience around me because every hospital and clinic has paused their volunteer programs and etc. Is this something I should be worried about?

I am still a second-year in undergrad on a 5 year program but I have devised a plan to graduate in the regular 4 years. I want to apply to medical school in my 4th year.

Thank you and I hope everyone is doing well.

Members don't see this ad.

Over the summer I took a few community college courses to get ahead in my classes and one of them was a Philosophy class that I never ended up transferring my credit for. I didn't realize this at the time and now it is December, but I have an incomplete for the class and I'm not exactly sure why. I am trying to change this with the teacher because I believe it was a mistake. If this incomplete cannot be changed however, would this affect my chances of getting into medical school?

I don't have a great gpa as of right now as well. For my university, I have a 3.49 and at the community college I had a 3.89 since the incomplete is not included. I'm worried on how this incomplete would look and if it would translate as an F on AAMC. This would bring my gpa very far down and I probably won't even be able to meet the 3.0 quota.

Another issue is that I've had a tough time trying to volunteer and find clinical experience with the pandemic going on. I live with my mom who has a chance of falling severely ill if I were to spread the virus to her. She also works in an area that is high in elderly population so I am not exactly willing to take the risk of doing any clinical experience since I am already a research assistant right now and that is enough of a risk now. It has been hard for me to find any clinical experience around me because every hospital and clinic has paused their volunteer programs and etc. Is this something I should be worried about?

I am still a second-year in undergrad on a 5 year program but I have devised a plan to graduate in the regular 4 years. I want to apply to medical school in my 4th year.

Thank you and I hope everyone is doing well.
Here is a harsh truth: Your med school plans are less important that your health and your mom's. Med schools aren't going anywhere.

As to the I, double check with AAMC as to how they count I's. I suspect that it won't count as anything.

Reactions: 1 user

At some schools an unresolved Incomplete grade will automatically convert to an F if a certain amount of time has passed. Look up the school's policy or call the Registrar to ask about this.

Reactions: 1 users