Incomplete LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackbauer!

Incomplete is the status of the LOR provided by one of the dentists I shadowed. What does this mean? Should I contact the dentist or will AADSAS do this?

thanksssss,
jb!

Members don't see this ad.

Either the letter hasn't been written, or it hasn't been mailed, or the postal service lost it, or it wasn't mailed with the matching form, or the dentist did everything right and AADSAS lost the letter/matching form, or the LOR is sitting is a pile at AADSAS and waiting to be filed. If you call AADSAS they'll tell you what you already know and nothing else because they access a screen similar to what you see when you log onto AADSAS. You might want to ask the dentist if the LOR has yet been mailed.

reapply2007 said:
Either the letter hasn't been written, or it hasn't been mailed, or the postal service lost it, or it wasn't mailed with the matching form, or the dentist did everything right and AADSAS lost the letter/matching form, or the LOR is sitting is a pile at AADSAS and waiting to be filed. If you call AADSAS they'll tell you what you already know and nothing else because they access a screen similar to what you see when you log onto AADSAS. You might want to ask the dentist if the LOR has yet been mailed.

she obviously wrote the letter because otherwise it would just say "pending". I'm curious if others have come accross the same problem & whether it is something I need to resolve or something AADSAS will resolve. AADSAS has not left me any messages so as of now I'm assuming they're taking care of it. I guess I will just call them on Monday and see what they say. I'm sure they can provide more information than you claim.

jb!

Members don't see this ad :)
just guessing but it could be that ur dentist forgot to sign???

I replied to a similar thread. I called AADSAS and the representative told me that an incomplete means one of the following:

1.) Letter was not signed
2.) Envelope flap was not signed
3.) Letter was damaged in the mail

Rep also said they generally let 2 and 3 slide unless it's too big of an issue (i.e. it's unclear if the letter is genuine). So I suppose it'd be best to ask your dentist to send another letter with 1 and 2 in mind.

Good luck!