Incomplete USMLE Rx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZ7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm done with roughly 60 percent averaging at a cumulative of about 80% , but I have 5 days left in my subscription.
The topics I havent done yet are Psychiatry, Behavioural Science, Multisystem, Musculoskeletal and Neurology
I tried going through atleast the Hard and Medium of these but since Im not done studying these properly, it feels pretty useless.
Would it be better to extend My subscription and not do Kaplan QBank or let it be and conc on Kaplan instead?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question. I have limited time left with RX and I guess I will be able to finish only around 60% of it (Im doing it properly with reading all the explanations and making a little bit of notes). I'm not planning to extend my subscription as I have to do Kaplan and UWorld also after this. Could someone please tell what are the most important subjects/systems to do in RX? & the most useless ones that one can leave?
Thanks a lot

well this might sound ridiculous, i was thinking to do Questions after every subject i am done with. after finishing that particular subject I will do Rx then UW. in a sucject timed mode. plz also through light on my way of doing it. i did B.science like this and it consolidated the material. after finishing like this i will only do random Questions of UW , giving it a second read.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm done with roughly 60 percent averaging at a cumulative of about 80% , but I have 5 days left in my subscription.
The topics I havent done yet are Psychiatry, Behavioural Science, Multisystem, Musculoskeletal and Neurology
I tried going through atleast the Hard and Medium of these but since Im not done studying these properly, it feels pretty useless.
Would it be better to extend My subscription and not do Kaplan QBank or let it be and conc on Kaplan instead?
I am not the best person to ask not having done Kaplan QBank yet.
Ideally you should complete USMLRx but if I have to choose I'll do Kaplan.
You still have time to finish USMLERx in 5 days since 3 blocks a day is not that hard to do (just do medium/hard questions).
However, the whole idea of doing QBanks is to gain/improve understanding of that subject. So it really doesn't matter which QBank you do as long as you are gaining knowledge.
I am assuming that you are planning to do UW during your dedicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have the same question. I have limited time left with RX and I guess I will be able to finish only around 60% of it (Im doing it properly with reading all the explanations and making a little bit of notes). I'm not planning to extend my subscription as I have to do Kaplan and UWorld also after this. Could someone please tell what are the most important subjects/systems to do in RX? & the most useless ones that one can leave?
Thanks a lot
You can just rush through the rest of the USMLERx in whatever time you have left to get the "feel' of the questions.
After that just read FA for the explanations.
Ideally you should do it properly and make notes etc but when strapped for time just rushing through is better than not doing at all.
Unfortunately there are no "useless" subjects/questions so that's not the way to go.

well this might sound ridiculous, i was thinking to do Questions after every subject i am done with. after finishing that particular subject I will do Rx then UW. in a sucject timed mode. plz also through light on my way of doing it. i did B.science like this and it consolidated the material. after finishing like this i will only do random Questions of UW , giving it a second read.
I would not do UW in subject mode but it's OK to do Rx and Kaplan subject wise.
So, USMLERx --> Kaplan --> UW

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your reply Transposony.
Sorry by useless I just meant the least important topics I could skip due to limited time.
So according to your advice the conclusion is that I must go through the whole RX Qbank at the cost of skipping taking notes and reading explanations thoroughly.
Last qs, any topics that are extremely important and I must read their explanations?

Last qs, any topics that are extremely important and I must read their explanations?
IMHO the most important topics will be the one's you know the least about.
The only QBank where it's worth reading explanations thoroughly and taking notes is UW.
Personally, I do not believe in the high yieldedness of any topic since the only HY topics for a person were the ones which appeared on their test.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the response
@Transposony

Ill try and finish as many medium-hard questions as I can in that case

What I'm also worried about is, will the questions that I don't do leave any gaps in my knowledge that won't be covered in Kaplan and/or UWorld and come back to haunt me later?

What I'm also worried about is, will the questions that I don't do leave any gaps in my knowledge that won't be covered in Kaplan and/or UWorld and come back to haunt me later?
There is hardly anything to worry about since you are doing Kaplan and UW and many people don't do all three QBanks anyway.
They all cover the same topics (but from different angles) and combined with FA and Pathoma you very unlikely to miss out on any topic.
However, it depends on many factors including your target score, how well you are doing in your school and your baseline knowledge etc.
All these QBanks and Review books etc don't matter as much as how well you will be able to apply your knowledge in the test.
There were times when many of these review resources were not there and people still manged to get all kind of scores.

I'm an IMG student in my second last year and I have a target of 260+
I feel I had an average base but I'm good with applications..atleast better than remember minutae.
Anyways Im planning to write it in May next year, so hopefully enough time!
Thanks for the input.