Inconsistent AAMC FLs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChickRick16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was hoping to get some advice on how I should interpret my AAMC FL scores seeing as I am taking the MCAT this Friday :nailbiting:

FL1 (took on 3/11): 510 (129/125/128/128)
Sample (took on 3/18): 84.5% (80%/92%/78%/88%)
FL2 (took on 3/25): 514 (129/129/127/129)
FL3 (toon on 4/1): 519 (129/130/130/130)

So I've clearly been improving with each exam (and I'm obviously ecstatic about the 519) but the scores seem so far apart and it seems that my actual score potential lies within such a huge range. What this tells me is that I have the potential to score a 519, but I also have the potential to score a 510....

I was wondering if any of you had a similar experience and how this panned out when you actually took the exam. My goal is to score 516+. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

just go into test day with confidence.

I bet you have taken note of your mistakes on each fl exam and thus improved each time. take note of the mistakes you had in fl3 and get even a higher score on the real test! remember, practice makes perfect and your practice and attention to detail seems to be paying off.

good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Your 510 was almost a month ago! You've clearly improved since then and are definitely more in line with scoring the 516+

Reactions: 1 user
I scored 517 on the 3rd AAMC practice and got a 511 on the real thing. The bio on the real exam from another planet difficulty wise - I found bio on AAMC 3 very pedestrian.

Members don't see this ad :)
I scored 517 on the 3rd AAMC practice and got a 511 on the real thing. The bio on the real exam from another planet difficulty wise - I found bio on AAMC 3 very pedestrian.
Pedestrian... that's such a satisfying word.

But yeah, people underestimate the amount of Bio you should actually know. Its not just about 'knowing' either, its also being able to navigate a scientific article and think critically about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Pedestrian... that's such a satisfying word.

But yeah, people underestimate the amount of Bio you should actually know. Its not just about 'knowing' either, its also being able to navigate a scientific article and think critically about it.

I don't disagree. Deficiencies in content on bio can expose to huge variance because the test may emphasize something you have a weakness in.

The section bank was more reflective of the content on my bio. I felt CP and CARS about par with FLs, PS was trivial. Others have reported easy bio and SB-level CP.

Last edited: