Increased pay with more credentials?

Started by jesse14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jesse14

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a final year PT student in Canada and am just starting to look at prospective jobs in out-pt ortho. In general, the average starting salary for a new grad is betweeb 55-65K a year (that's what I've seen so far anyways). I was just wondering...do employers pay more if you gain extra certification? For example, I want to do all my manual therapy training to become a fellow of the canadian academy of manipulative therapy (FCAMT). It's the same thing as doing an orthopaedic residency in the States. If I do that it will cost me time for class, studying, homework, and financialy for tuition and time missed from work. For all of that, how much of a salary increase can one reasonibly expect??

Thanks for the toughts!