indecision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FrankNecrosis

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am having trouble deciding between PM&R and other specialties. I find qualities I like and don't like in all of them. Does anyone care to offer there 2 cents of why they are choosing PM&R, and their personal Pro's and Con's? I am trying to develop my own pro's and con's and could use the insight.
 
Have you done a PM&R rotation/ shadowed a Physiatrist or just going by what you have read/heard about the field? Just trying to get a frame of reference to better answer your questions.
 
i have shadowed a doc for about a week and a half. He worked acute rehab as well as outpatient. It's hard to make a complete judgement though based on this limited experience.
 
search the forum and you can read multiple threads that have repeatedly discussed this topic