Indelicate to mention need for DO LOR in shadowing email/phone call?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1077394
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1077394

I need a DO letter of rec for my application to DO schools. I am from the Midwest where there are DOs everywhere and am going to call some practice managers and send some emails asking to shadow. Usually, I would just say a few words about my background and why I am interested in medicine.

It feels too forward to me to tell them I am applying to DO schools and need a DO letter of rec. However, I think they won't let me shadow unless they know I am applying next summer and need a LOR really soon.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Aug 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Don't bother asking for a letter till after you shadow them, ideally a couple times.

Reactions: 1 user
D

Deleted member 1077394

Don't bother asking for a letter till after you shadow them, ideally a couple times.

Yeah, you're right. I think this is one of those instances where one's first instinct is usually the right one. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.