Indent in Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else had trouble having their indentions show up in the Personal Statement on the AADSAS application. I am using Notepad and my indentions don't show up. It's just one huge (4500 character) paragraph

Members don't see this ad.

I did it e-mail style without indents and spaces between each paragraph. I didn't think about if the who line spaces counted towards my char. limit though.

yea, not sure why I can't Indent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, gonna have to forget about indenting, just leave a space between each paragraph. This took up two characters each paragraph when i did it.

RozhonDDS said:
yea, not sure why I can't Indent.

It unfortunately isn't formatted so that you can indent... :thumbdown: . So don't worry, no one will be able to. I think everyone just goes for the paragraph spacing thing.

Ditto what everybody said. For the ADEA applications (AADSAS and PASS for residency programs), you can't indent or tab. The directions state to simply place a hard return after each paragraph.

Good job on getting those statements done!

Ditto what everybody said. For the ADEA applications (AADSAS and PASS for residency programs), you can't indent or tab. The directions state to simply place a hard return after each paragraph.

Good job on getting those statements done!

think every one just had a "hard-return" lol

shengx12 said:
think every one just had a "hard-return" lol

;)

Is that sort of like a parenthetical insertion or an improper colon? :rolleyes:

SO................when you mean hard return after each paragraph, what do you mean? For example........

Type words here etc etc etc etc
(so skip this space between paragraphs)
Type next paragraph here.

Or do you mean........

Orthodontists play with wires all day.alskdjf;aslkfjsalfkjasd;fkjas;dfjas;dkfjas;lkjfasas;lkdjf;aslkfja;sdljfas;dljfkas
Root canals are only for endodontists.........

(so basically you indent by spacing two spaces in?) SOMEBODY PLEASE CLARIFY FOR ME THANKS!!!!!!!!!

a hard return means a space inbetween your paragraphs...

;dljhfdsljfhdsfjhds;fjdshfdsf;hds
jdhf;dsfjhds;fhdsjfh;dsdjhfl;sdjhf;dsf;dsfhds

dsflj;hdfjl;hdsf;ljdshf;ldsjhfd;sjhf;dsjf;dsfhd;jsfhds
jhfd;dsfhds;fjhds;f;jdsfhds;fhdsjf;ds

djs;dsfjdsf;dfds;fdsj;fdshfj;h

Kind of like that :laugh:

That's the only part of the application I didn't feel comfortable with. My essay looked so much better when it was on Word. You're just going to have to deal with it looking really ugly and wasting a couple of characters between paragraphs.