Independent Research Course Count towards BCPM?

Started by kevin2400
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kevin2400

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

So I do a lot of research in neuroscience, epigenetics, and bioinformatics in the lab, and my PI is in many departments, but the main one the lab is listed under is "Psychiatry", so the course listing for my course is under Psychiatry (Psychiatry 199). My question is would I be able to petition it to be classified under BCPM, because the research I do is like very neuroscience intensive with a lot of lab work and it's pretty much all science. I mean I don't even know why its listed under Psychiatry, there is absolutely no psychiatry involved. It's mostly work in genetics, stem cells, etc.

Thanks in advance!
 
I would list under BCPM and if they try to change it, request reconsideration by providing the lab's course description or a note from the professor or something.