independent research experience

Started by frentist
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frentist

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently I am finishing up a informal post bacc at a university while working full time and shadowing/volunteering when I can. One way I can enhance my application would be to purse research, unfortunately I have had no luck in finding a PI or prof. that would take me into their labs. Does science research project which was present done within a class count as research experience?
 
Currently I am finishing up a informal post bacc at a university while working full time and shadowing/volunteering when I can. One way I can enhance my application would be to purse research, unfortunately I have had no luck in finding a PI or prof. that would take me into their labs. Does science research project which was present done within a class count as research experience?
I took a total of 8 credits in undergrad in an Independent Research course and listed all of those hours as research experience. It's still research experience, but I was doing it for credit instead of paid. If it's a research project within another class then I'm not sure.