Independent Study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked this question on another thread, but nobody replied, so I decided to start a new thread...

On Maryland Timetable, there is independent study every tuesday/thursday afternoons, I just wanted to know what most people use this time for...

Do you go home and study?
Do you finish up extra lab work?
tutorials?

Thanks,
D2B

Members don't see this ad.

dentist_to_be? said:
I asked this question on another thread, but nobody replied, so I decided to start a new thread...

On Maryland Timetable, there is independent study every tuesday/thursday afternoons, I just wanted to know what most people use this time for...

tutorials?

Thanks,
D2B
My money is on "Current Topics in Fairway & Green Management."

Members don't see this ad :)
dentist_to_be? said:

tutorials?

Thanks,
D2B

sleep in if the time is in the morning or a liquid lunch if it's in the afternoon. :D

Sorry if it sounded like a stupid question... but I was wondering because in the other thread people were talking about how you are in school from 8-5 EVERYDAY, so I wondered how the independent study thing worked...AND i know a lot of schools mentioned having it...

I just wanted to know whether it really was free time, or in reality a time where you have to do lab work or tutorials and esentially still stuck in school

dentist_to_be? said:
Sorry if it sounded like a stupid question... but I was wondering because in the other thread people were talking about how you are in school from 8-5 EVERYDAY, so I wondered how the independent study thing worked...AND i know a lot of schools mentioned having it...

I just wanted to know whether it really was free time, or in reality a time where you have to do lab work or tutorials and esentially still stuck in school
It depends! If you plan on going into specialty then you might use that time to study or doing lab works. If you plan on just GP then yes, it's really free time for ya!

lnn2 said:
It depends! If you plan on going into specialty then you might use that time to study or doing lab works. If you plan on just GP then yes, it's really free time for ya!

Thanks for answering the question... I just wanted to make sure they werent trying to "trick us" into thinking we had more free time outside class than we actually had.

This one girl at VCU told me that she used her the independent study time was used to complete lab projects and she rarely used it to go home...