1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Indiana Acceptance

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by FCIllini, Dec 1, 2005.

1. FCIllini

FCIllini Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

For anyone who is curious about Indiana, call them!! I just got off the phone (after one busy signal) and they told me that I've been accepted. They were very nice & acted as if they were waiting for students to call - just like Dr. Kasberg told us to do.

Good Luck!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WDforty

WDforty Hmm...
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student

Congrats!!!!! I just did the same and I've been accepted as well. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ramona_k

ramona_k Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congrads!! Now just wait for more acceptances to roll in!
    Comet208 have you called them yet?

4. mitechgrl

mitechgrl Member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats!!! I'm in too... we could be classmates next year!!! I'm so excited... what a life changing experience!!!!! Christmas really did come early.

5. Blackstars

Blackstars Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yes, I'm in also. Good luck to everyone in making your decision as to where to attend.

6. amma777

amma777 Member
    5+ Year Member

I called Indiana too, and I talked to Dr.Kasberg , I am in too.

7. footballdoc

footballdoc Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Who all is planning on accepting Indiana's invite? Just want to know who my future class mates are.

8. Mustt Mustt

Mustt Mustt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey Ramona, Have you heard from UMKC. I called them and no love.

I have been Accepted to Indiana, Congrats to all who have been accepted. I am so happy, I can't believe it. I am actually accepted on dec 1st. WOW.

9. aphistis

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Dentist
    Congratulations to everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in anatomy next summer. ;)

10. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Still under review until February...that's okay, if I had been accepted I would have gone to Temple anyway. Congrats guys!

11. mochafreak

mochafreak registered quaffer
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Congrats guys :thumbup:

12. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I called IU this morning and found out that I am in. I have to go visit Creighton now and decide if it is worth going that far away from Indiana.

13. ramona_k

ramona_k Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Heyy!! yup, Dianne called me 6:30am and told me I was accepted. Congrads..but I want us to become classmates..Maybe we'll both get in Temple, Michigan, or Nova.. Watch out for the mail!

14. Comet208

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I have to wait till Feb also...

15. mochafreak

mochafreak registered quaffer
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    [email protected], sorry to hear that Comet...thought you were in for sure. Hang in there. :luck: :luck: :luck:

16. Comet208

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    So did i. I guess i'll have to wait till Feb and stay hopeful. If i get waitlisted, chances are that i'd get in. I still want to think that you will get in as well.

17. Mustt Mustt

5+ Year Member

Yes me too. Iam really hoping for Temple but we will see. Nothing from them yet. I am still going to my NOVA interview. I have heard good things so lets check it out. Michigan, no word so Far. Good Luck. Just to make sure, is UMKC your state school.

18. WDforty

WDforty Hmm...
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I will!!!!

19. Mustt Mustt

5+ Year Member

If I don't hear from anyother school (Temple, Michigan, may be NOVA) then I will. I am declining NYU acceptance.

20. amma777

amma777 Member
    5+ Year Member

If i find some school who offers anatomy , I ll go to IUSD 99.9%

21. kshah13

kshah13 Member
    5+ Year Member

How do you know you have to wait until feb.?

22. Comet208

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    thats the next time the adcom will meet. for some reason they are skipping the Jan meeting this year.

23. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I emailed Dr. Kasberg and according to him they are meeting in January to pic alternates and February for who to let in. For those of you who don't want Indiana please decline them so that those that really want to go can have a shot.

24. lindandy

lindandy I like soup!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I got accepted as well, very nice school but I think I will be chosing a school closer to home, so one more spot open for you guys waiting.

25. Comet208

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    wait, so they meet in Jan and send out alternates? or keep the list till Feb and send only acceptances in Jan??

26. kshah13

kshah13 Member
    5+ Year Member

That's what I'm wondering......because when I called yesterday, they told me that ad. committee will re-review the applications in jan. then again in feb. before making an alternate list. I guess they want to wait to see how many people send in their deposits to make a commitment of going there next year before they start rejecting people

27. IWuvTeef

IWuvTeef Dentist
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Last cycle I did not get into IU. They re-reviewed me at the Jan meeting and I was put on the alternate list with a high position. Three weeks later at the Feb meeting, I was accepted.

If you really want to go to IU, stay in contact with Dr. K. He will be your strongest assest during the adcom meetings. The more he gets to know you, the more he'll be able to say about you to the adcoms during the meetings.

For those of you who got accepted and are gonna come to Indy: congrats! I'm from FL, and I've loved ever minute of being at IU so far. The faculty, the students, and positive atmosphere make this place worthwhile. :)

28. DiDDyDeNt

DiDDyDeNt Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I am in also, but does anyone know how much the deposit is and how long we have before we have to make a deposit?

29. WDforty

WDforty Hmm...
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    $500.00 due by Jan 15th. :)