FCIllini

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
For anyone who is curious about Indiana, call them!! I just got off the phone (after one busy signal) and they told me that I've been accepted. They were very nice & acted as if they were waiting for students to call - just like Dr. Kasberg told us to do.

Good Luck!!

WDforty

Hmm...
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Indiana
Status
Dental Student
FCIllini said:
For anyone who is curious about Indiana, call them!! I just got off the phone (after one busy signal) and they told me that I've been accepted. They were very nice & acted as if they were waiting for students to call - just like Dr. Kasberg told us to do.

Good Luck!!

Congrats!!!!! I just did the same and I've been accepted as well. :)

ramona_k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
FCIllini said:

Good Luck!!
Congrads!! Now just wait for more acceptances to roll in!
Comet208 have you called them yet?

About the Ads

mitechgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Kalamazoo, MI
Visit site
Status
Congrats!!! I'm in too... we could be classmates next year!!! I'm so excited... what a life changing experience!!!!! Christmas really did come early.

Blackstars

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2003
PLUTO
Visit site
Status
mitechgrl said:
Congrats!!! I'm in too... we could be classmates next year!!! I'm so excited... what a life changing experience!!!!! Christmas really did come early.

yes, I'm in also. Good luck to everyone in making your decision as to where to attend.

amma777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
Status
I called Indiana too, and I talked to Dr.Kasberg , I am in too.

footballdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
In
Status
Who all is planning on accepting Indiana's invite? Just want to know who my future class mates are.

Mustt Mustt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Great Lakes State
Status
ramona_k said:
Congrads!! Now just wait for more acceptances to roll in!
Comet208 have you called them yet?
Hey Ramona, Have you heard from UMKC. I called them and no love.

I have been Accepted to Indiana, Congrats to all who have been accepted. I am so happy, I can't believe it. I am actually accepted on dec 1st. WOW.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
Status
Attending Physician, Dentist
Congratulations to everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in anatomy next summer. ;)

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Still under review until February...that's okay, if I had been accepted I would have gone to Temple anyway. Congrats guys!

Hoosier Daddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Status
Dental Student
I called IU this morning and found out that I am in. I have to go visit Creighton now and decide if it is worth going that far away from Indiana.

ramona_k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Mustt Mustt said:
Hey Ramona, Have you heard from UMKC. I called them and no love.

I have been Accepted to Indiana, Congrats to all who have been accepted. I am so happy, I can't believe it. I am actually accepted on dec 1st. WOW.
Heyy!! yup, Dianne called me 6:30am and told me I was accepted. Congrads..but I want us to become classmates..Maybe we'll both get in Temple, Michigan, or Nova.. Watch out for the mail!

About the Ads

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
mochafreak said:
[email protected], sorry to hear that Comet...thought you were in for sure. Hang in there. :luck: :luck: :luck:
So did i. I guess i'll have to wait till Feb and stay hopeful. If i get waitlisted, chances are that i'd get in. I still want to think that you will get in as well.

Mustt Mustt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Great Lakes State
Status
ramona_k said:
Heyy!! yup, Dianne called me 6:30am and told me I was accepted. Congrads..but I want us to become classmates..Maybe we'll both get in Temple, Michigan, or Nova.. Watch out for the mail!
Yes me too. Iam really hoping for Temple but we will see. Nothing from them yet. I am still going to my NOVA interview. I have heard good things so lets check it out. Michigan, no word so Far. Good Luck. Just to make sure, is UMKC your state school.

WDforty

Hmm...
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Indiana
Status
Dental Student
footballdoc said:
Who all is planning on accepting Indiana's invite? Just want to know who my future class mates are.
I will!!!!

Mustt Mustt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Great Lakes State
Status
footballdoc said:
If I don't hear from anyother school (Temple, Michigan, may be NOVA) then I will. I am declining NYU acceptance.

amma777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
Status
footballdoc said:
If i find some school who offers anatomy , I ll go to IUSD 99.9%

ASU-devil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Comet208 said:
thats the next time the adcom will meet. for some reason they are skipping the Jan meeting this year.
I emailed Dr. Kasberg and according to him they are meeting in January to pic alternates and February for who to let in. For those of you who don't want Indiana please decline them so that those that really want to go can have a shot.

lindandy

I like soup!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
I wish I knew
Status
Pre-Dental
I got accepted as well, very nice school but I think I will be chosing a school closer to home, so one more spot open for you guys waiting.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
ASU-devil said:
I emailed Dr. Kasberg and according to him they are meeting in January to pic alternates and February for who to let in. For those of you who don't want Indiana please decline them so that those that really want to go can have a shot.
wait, so they meet in Jan and send out alternates? or keep the list till Feb and send only acceptances in Jan??

kshah13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Status
That's what I'm wondering......because when I called yesterday, they told me that ad. committee will re-review the applications in jan. then again in feb. before making an alternate list. I guess they want to wait to see how many people send in their deposits to make a commitment of going there next year before they start rejecting people
Comet208 said:
wait, so they meet in Jan and send out alternates? or keep the list till Feb and send only acceptances in Jan??

IWuvTeef

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Status
Dentist
Comet208 said:
Last cycle I did not get into IU. They re-reviewed me at the Jan meeting and I was put on the alternate list with a high position. Three weeks later at the Feb meeting, I was accepted.

If you really want to go to IU, stay in contact with Dr. K. He will be your strongest assest during the adcom meetings. The more he gets to know you, the more he'll be able to say about you to the adcoms during the meetings.

For those of you who got accepted and are gonna come to Indy: congrats! I'm from FL, and I've loved ever minute of being at IU so far. The faculty, the students, and positive atmosphere make this place worthwhile. :)

DiDDyDeNt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Logan
Status
Pre-Dental
IWuvTeef said:
Last cycle I did not get into IU. They re-reviewed me at the Jan meeting and I was put on the alternate list with a high position. Three weeks later at the Feb meeting, I was accepted.

If you really want to go to IU, stay in contact with Dr. K. He will be your strongest assest during the adcom meetings. The more he gets to know you, the more he'll be able to say about you to the adcoms during the meetings.

For those of you who got accepted and are gonna come to Indy: congrats! I'm from FL, and I've loved ever minute of being at IU so far. The faculty, the students, and positive atmosphere make this place worthwhile. :)
I am in also, but does anyone know how much the deposit is and how long we have before we have to make a deposit?

WDforty

Hmm...
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Indiana
Status
Dental Student
DiDDyDeNt said:
I am in also, but does anyone know how much the deposit is and how long we have before we have to make a deposit?
$500.00 due by Jan 15th. :)

About the Ads