Indiana Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmgirl44

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the waitlist for Indiana? (out of state)

Does anyone know stats and stuff for Indiana's alternate list? i heard there are 30 ppl on the out of state list but does anyone know if ppl actually get accepted off of that list?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by farmgirl44

Does anyone know stats and stuff for Indiana's alternate list? i heard there are 30 ppl on the out of state list but does anyone know if ppl actually get accepted off of that list?

Thanks
Yes, people are accepted each year from the IUSD admissions waitlist. The number varies from one year to the next. Good luck!

farmgirl,

i was on IUSD's waitlist as #5(out of state) and got in about a week later.

the out of state waitlist at IU goes very deep and very fast. i don't know how far they have gone this yr, but last year they accepted someone who was #47 on the out of state waitlist and the yr before that they went through the whole waitlist.

just wondering, whats your situation? if you are on their waitlist (out of state) then you have a good chance of getting in.

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks

??? How did you hear there was 30? Is this a guess or something from the Adcoms?

Wow, I'm surprised that IU's admissions office people tell you where you guys stand on the alternate list.

At other dental schools, they are 'forbidden' to inform applicants where they rank on the alternate list.

I remember I was on the waitlist last year for IU (I'm from cali), don't know exactly what position, but, they called me in mid july and offered me a position there!!! be patient!!

Seansk, do you know roughly what your rank was last year? I'm on the list, low 20's and hoping to hear from them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone on the list!

***Bluesteel***....

When did you interview, and what is your rank (you can approximate if you wish)? Thanks and good luck!

Seansk, do you know roughly what your rank was last year? I'm on the list, low 20's and hoping to hear from them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone on the list!

I never asked them....I know it's a rough time but be patient

Indiana informed you that late? Classes for IU's dental school usually starts in the first week of July.

I remember I was on the waitlist last year for IU (I'm from cali), don't know exactly what position, but, they called me in mid july and offered me a position there!!! be patient!!

Indiana informed you that late? Classes for IU's dental school usually starts in the first week of July.

Maybe he means mid June. We start class at IU on July 5th.

i'm on the waitlist too. keeping my fingers crossed over here. what rankings on the waitlist are you guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard people mention April 1st as a special date when more seets will open up. Could someone explain this to me?

Thx!

The wait list has only moved 5 spots since March 1st.

It's hard to guage if this is slow or fast.....Maybe its average....

The out of state waitlist for last year's class moved only 8 spots or so... the in-state actually went deeper!!!!

again, it varries by year... good luck to all.

I finally got the phone call! looks like there has been some movement on the waiting list. keep hope alive!

dentalman - were you on the instate or out of state waitlist and which number were you? i have a friend who is #3 on the out of state waitlist and is waiting to hear back. Thanks!

Anyone hear anything about the IU waitlist? I have a friend on it who's #4 as of a week or two ago.

I recieved an email from them yesterday regarding updating my desire to remain on their alternate list. Did the rest of you recieve this?

I was number 20 on the list and got the call today. Anyone else still waiting?? Good Luck!

#22. Just got the call 10 minutes ago.:D I'm declining the offer so I hope I make someone very happy tomorrow! Good Luck!

I just heard from them today and am a little torn between going to Indiana or Arizona School of Dental & Oral Health. Any suggestions or advice from anyone?

Arizona school of dental and oral health???

impressive title

If you decide to go to IU and need any info on housing let me know, I was just there and looked at tons of housing options.

Keep the list moving....I am praying that I will still get in!

Bluesteel, Good Luck!! Keep up the hope, I talked to the financial aid person and he said they usually have people admitted as late as the end of June, just make sure all your FAFSA stuff is sent in if you need financial aid...and I'm sure most people do w/ that huge pricetag! Let us know when you get the call:)

I certainly will let you know. I am upper thirties and was told that my chances are "OK" I really hope it works out. Re-applying sucks.

Have you called to see where you stand at now? Sounds like they called through at least #23 last week, not sure how much further down the list they went. It will at least give you a better idea of where you stand. From the people I talked to it sounded like the list moves through the end of June so don't give up!