Indiana (IS) vs Michigan (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jumpingfrog27

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi so i’ve gotten into both Indiana (IS) and Michigan and I’m conflicted on which one i should go to. My dream school has always been Michigan however, after doing some reddit scrolling it seems like its not all its cracked up to be. I also dont want to do research (which i know brings Michigan rankings up) IU of course is instate and id know alot more people there but it doesn’t rank as high as Michigan and I just felt like the vibes were off. Any help or insight into either of the schools or opinions on what i should do would be helpful! Thanks!

PS, I dont want to specialize
 
Hi so i’ve gotten into both Indiana (IS) and Michigan and I’m conflicted on which one i should go to. My dream school has always been Michigan however, after doing some reddit scrolling it seems like its not all its cracked up to be. I also dont want to do research (which i know brings Michigan rankings up) IU of course is instate and id know alot more people there but it doesn’t rank as high as Michigan and I just felt like the vibes were off. Any help or insight into either of the schools or opinions on what i should do would be helpful! Thanks!

PS, I dont want to specialize
"rank" means nothing
it is based upon research dollars

only thing that matters is "cheaper"
especially if it is closer to friends/family
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just saw the COA at Michigan for OOS is obscene: well over 500k after interest. That's not even remotely worth it. Even if that was your only option I'd say don't go. Go to IU.
If you don’t want to specialize, go cheaper, which is Indiana.
Even if you want to specialize, go cheaper.