Indiana Students.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdoc04

Dentist to be!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a invite for interview at Indiana today. What a relief to see the start of invites rolling in the mail.
Could some of you offer some insight as to what I should expect?
Are there any major differences between the half day interview & 2 day interview?
What are your views of the program?
How exactly does the problem based learning work? Beneficial?

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

are you from indiana? what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?? thanks.

I bet they're really interested in your history of ethical behavior in light of recent happenings on campus...

Good luck at your interview. I know a lot of excellent clinicians who attended Indiana.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I had my interview at IUSD last November, it wasn't bad at all. I went to the 2 day interview (out of state applicant from CA) and basically they spent the 1st day giving you the orientation, and half of 2nd day doing the actual interview. The schedule looks like this:

FRIDAY-SATURDAY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE

Friday AM Arrival

10:00-11:00 Administrative work

11:00-12:00 Organization Fair

12:00-1:00 Lunch Sponsored by USAF/US Army

1:00-4:30 School Tours (30 Minutes, 6-10 applicants)
Financial Aid (30 Minutes, 6-10 applicants)
Director of Admissions (30 Minutes, 6-10 applicants)
Student (3-5) Discussion (30 Minutes, 6-10 applicants)
Tour of IUPUI (60 Minutes, all applicants) Through
Enrollment Center

Saturday

8:00-9:00 Continental Breakfast Sponsored by USAF/US Army

9:00-11:45 Concurrent Individual Interviews, Small Group Meetings with Director of Admissions

12:00-1:45 Lunch Sponsored by USN

1:00-3:45 Concurrent Individual Interviews, Small Group Meetings with Director of Admissions

The morning/afternoon of your scheduled interview time, you will be asked by arrive around an hour early at the Cantina, which is kinda like a cafeteria. There you will be treated to either bk or lunch and have an opportunity to chat with the admissions director before you're led into the interview room.

At the actual interview there are (at least for me) 2 professors. It's a 2-on-1 interview style. It's rather laid back, and they don't press you for answers nor ask you tricky questions. Just be prepared to answer questions about your prior PBL-esque experiences, study ethics, hobbies, why chose dentistry, etc.

Bottom line is, be yourself and just have fun. IUSD became my top choice after my interview because everyone's so nice and helpful. Good luck on your interview and maybe I'll see you at IUSD!

i am not sure why you have gotten an interview this late. the new class has already started and they are half way through anatomy and couple of other classes.