Indiana Univ Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SerratioWanks

SDF Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has had any contact, or lack there of from Indiana. I have called/voicemailed, and emailed several times over the past few months to receive no replies. I have avoided being annoying and rude, but I am getting frustrated. It's not like I'm a terrible applicant because I have an acceptance and I have several other interview requests.

Any thoughts on this situation? Has anyone else ran into this issue with IU or any other schools? What did you/are you going to do?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has had any contact, or lack there of from Indiana. I have called/voicemailed, and emailed several times over the past few months to receive no replies. I have avoided being annoying and rude, but I am getting frustrated. It's not like I'm a terrible applicant because I have an acceptance and I have several other interview requests.

Any thoughts on this situation? Has anyone else ran into this issue with IU or any other schools? What did you/are you going to do?

Thanks!!!

i've heard many people complain about them responding very slow. i've always been able to talk to someone relatively quickly, so i havent had much of a problem so far. however, i just received confirmation that i sent in my application today, but they said that i'm missing almost half of my materials, when i'm positive i sent them all in, so i think they are just a bit unorganized...

thanks, Sportsdude, for your reply... I really appreciate it.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't be too worried. I had to make a real nuicance of myself to make any headway though. I don't want to disrespect them in anyway, the whole admissions commity are all very nice, but just as sportsdude says, they are VERY unorganized. I think it stems from a particular staff member taking time off for her children (if that is indeed the case, I'm not sure why she isn't employed any more).

If any one (SerratioWanks) wants to P.M. me, I'll share how things went for me.

I'm in the same situation. I applied over a month ago and sent in everything at that time except my OAT score (I took it on 9/26) and my checklist still says I am missing everything besides my application. I've also e-mailed and called them and have not gotten a response. I'm going to try e-mailing and calling them again the end of this week. Good luck and I hope you hear from them soon!

Hey guys,

I wouldn't worry too much about that checklist online. I remember I checked that checklist on the day of my interview at IU and it still said that it only had my application and nothing else. So, don't worry if you know that have submitted everything because I wasn't expecting to hear from them either but I did.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean you shouldn't call them just to make sure they haven't lost anything. So, be annoying if you have to be. ICO is being the same with me and I have called them 3 times already.

Hey guys,

I wouldn't worry too much about that checklist online. I remember I checked that checklist on the day of my interview at IU and it still said that it only had my application and nothing else. So, don't worry if you know that have submitted everything because I wasn't expecting to hear from them either but I did.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean you shouldn't call them just to make sure they haven't lost anything. So, be annoying if you have to be. ICO is being the same with me and I have called them 3 times already.

thanks for the heads up!

Make sure you are calling the right number:

812-855-1917

Ask for Cindy or Joe. I've never heard of anyone having any problems, but if you continue to have problems, PM me your name and I will go talk to them personally.

thanks to all who have replied.

I called again and was a bit more upfront about what I needed... and I actually got some answers. All is well except for the fact they are just behind and unorganized. (I hope this is not an indication of the program itself)

Hey. It sounds like you got everything figured out but I'll still give my feedback anyway. The online checklist is not updated very often at all, so do not worry if that list doesn't show you as having things in. They've had my OAT scores since July and it still shows them as missing.

Leaving messages does no good, I've found. You just need to wait until the right person can take your call to get things resolved. I did have to "pester" them a little more than I felt comfortable doing, but eventually I got an interview and everything worked out. Now I just need to not choke at the interview :)