Indiana's interview and massive pre-regs!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

I got a letter for an interview from Indiana, and looking at the things that they said i need to complete is almost impossible. I had 8hs of inorganic, 8hrs of organic, 4 hrs of gen. bio and 4 hrs of human anatomy/physiology, english composition is done. For most schools all i need is 2 more physics which i am taking this year; however, for Indiana i need 1 semester of biochem, 4 more hrs of bio, 2 hrs of anatomy lecture, and 1 hr of physiology lecture (i thought i already had human/physiology...why more?)...this is a huge job to be done by the time of matriculation. I am a non-science major , and I need to get my degree done too! I really want to accept the interview, but I really don't know if i can complete everything by then...input anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

i say skip it and wait for other schools. One single school really isn't worth the stress and scamble over.

just schedule the interview and hopefully you'll find out by december and then you'll have winter, spring and summer quarter to finish those if accepted ...

the worst thing you could do is not accept the interview, because if you didn't get an interview elsewhere then you may regret skipping this one. although i have heard it is very hard to get an interview from Indiana so if you got one from them, I am sure you'll get plenty more.

by the way...how are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
busdent said:
just schedule the interview and hopefully you'll find out by december and then you'll have winter, spring and summer quarter to finish those if accepted ...

the worst thing you could do is not accept the interview, because if you didn't get an interview elsewhere then you may regret skipping this one. although i have heard it is very hard to get an interview from Indiana so if you got one from them, I am sure you'll get plenty more.

by the way...how are your stats?

i also got one from case for august 24th (very early and very happy), and i think i will schedule an interview around october 26th for indiana. If i get more than 8 interviews before october 26th, I'll reconsider this one. Hopefully, i'll get in before dec 1st and have time to take all of those classes! My stats: great gpa and semi-attractive DAT (some schools like me because i'm a non-science major, and i did well in science...i think)

**One question: what about finishing those pre-regs (like physics and biochem) at a community college over the summer? most schools allow that right?

I think the worst thing you could do is listen to INFNITE! You have a whole year to get those classes done including summer! If you have a chance to start dental school, then I would bust my butt and do it. But hey, you could always take the easy way out, your choice

xxxTheDonxxx said:
**One question: what about finishing those pre-regs (like physics and biochem) at a community college over the summer? most schools allow that right?

yup.... Indiana U will allow that....
However, just check with them incase they changed their policy recently....

xxxTheDonxxx said:
i also got one from case for august 24th (very early and very happy), and i think i will schedule an interview around october 26th for indiana. If i get more than 8 interviews before october 26th, I'll reconsider this one. Hopefully, i'll get in before dec 1st and have time to take all of those classes! My stats: great gpa and semi-attractive DAT (some schools like me because i'm a non-science major, and i did well in science...i think)

taking those classes at a community college depends completely from school to school...you def. will want to check because some school's website clearly say that they won't accept any classes from a 2yr college...so def. check.

Did you ever consider looking at the pre-req list before blindly applying to the school? If you really think you can't complete them by matriculation, what's the point of spending the time/money to go out there and interview? That is, unless they're not that strict, then it could be well worth your time. Probably time to call them and get a better sense before making a decision.

crazy_sherm said:
Did you ever consider looking at the pre-req list before blindly applying to the school? If you really think you can't complete them by matriculation, what's the point of spending the time/money to go out there and interview? That is, unless they're not that strict, then it could be well worth your time. Probably time to call them and get a better sense before making a decision.

exactly what i was thinking.

op:
why did you apply to IU knowing that you wouldnt want to finish the pre reqs? i dont think that IU is asking too much of you. most schools ask pretty much the same thing with the exception of the biochem and gross anatomy. those classes would pay off when you are in dental school.

good luck!!

crazy_sherm said:

i banged my head agaisn't the wall a couple of times after i found out i didn't do that before

crazy_sherm said:
IU is pretty rigid about pre-reqs. If you don't have them and can't complete them in time, save your money.

like others have said IU is very strict on the pre-req and make sure you complete it if accepted and decide to go because like my interviewer said they don't waive anything at all. Just out of curiousity, did you just pick schools by looking at their names or what thay you are really surprised.

Mustt Mustt said:
Just out of curiousity, did you just pick schools by looking at their names or what thay you are really surprised.

:laugh: :laugh:
incase you wanted to go to IU to be close to Bobby Knight, he is no longer around. :laugh:

dont worry though, we all do things like that. i too applied to some oh 5 school that i had no idea about. just wanted to give myself as many chances of acceptance as possible.

for you IUers are you guys out of staters? also how many applicants does IU interview? i am scheduled for late october so i was just wondering.

dr.rex said:
for you IUers are you guys out of staters? also how many applicants does IU interview? i am scheduled for late october so i was just wondering.

Hey Dr. Rex are you a Indiana resident?