Indicate your activities, coursework...during the year off...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty common essay type question for many of the secondary applications. Here is my situation: I'm working full-time for a year, and also studying to retake the mcat this august. Once i'm done with mcat, i am hoping to start volunteering again in a hospital. Do you think it would be ok if i say in my secondary essay something like ..i'll be volunteering in a hospital every week and will be shadowing physicians....
please share your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

Shejeboshease said:
This is a pretty common essay type question for many of the secondary applications. Here is my situation: I'm working full-time for a year, and also studying to retake the mcat this august. Once i'm done with mcat, i am hoping to start volunteering again in a hospital. Do you think it would be ok if i say in my secondary essay something like ..i'll be volunteering in a hospital every week and will be shadowing physicians....
please share your thoughts.

It is a common situation and that's a common response. Just be absolutely sure that when it comes up at an interview that you can honestly say that you followed through and that you have some anecdotes to show what you've done since the time you submitted the secondary.