Indirect Ophthalmoscope sources online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frco2b

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Want to buy an BIO .
Ebay not many choices except Propper(? quality) and Neitz which I already have(junk).
Where can you get a BIO cheaply in the USA, online preferred?Would consider Welch Allyn or Heine.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Want to buy an BIO .
Ebay not many choices except Propper(? quality) and Neitz which I already have(junk).
Where can you get a BIO cheaply in the USA, online preferred?Would consider Welch Allyn or Heine.
Thanks

A company in Virginia called Miami-Med just sold me a Heine LED headlamp for surgery. They don't list indirects in their online catalog, but I would give them a call anyway to see whether they could order one for you. They also carry W-A.

As always, you could call Lombart for their pricing; they are usually pretty competitive.

About a year ago, I bought a piece of Heine equipment directly from a German dealer, BON. Even with the exchange, I was able to get a power supply and the item itself, a retinometer, for less than the cost from a USA distributor. With the current Euro exchange, that may no longer hold. But you could check their website.

Cheaply? That is doubtful, and while buying some things used is a good way to save some money, most used indirects are not current models with current features, which you definitely do want to have.

Veach has the Keeler Vantage Plus (wireless) for a pretty competitive price: $1,540
http://www.veatchinstruments.com/It...Keeler+Vantage+Plus~ic~OIKE12-000~eq~~Tp~.htm

Otherwise you could look into contacting the bookstores at some optometry schools. I purchased my Keeler Vantage Plus for ~1,800 last year, retail is supposed to be ~3,200.

I would only stick with either Keeler or Heine, WA IMHO is junk just like all the other ones you mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Indirect, Keeler Vantage Plus
light_blue_right.gif
oike11-000_tn.jpg
List Price: $2,203.00 per EACHOur Price: $1,540.00 per EACH

Indirect, Keeler Vantage Plus Wireless

List Price: $3,327.00 per EACH
Our Price: $2,312.00 per EACH
Qty:

The wireless seems to be a tad more expensive than the wired model by 800$ on Veatchinstrusments.com

Sorry I didn't notice that that one was the wired vantage plus. Just to clarify, I bought the wireless of ~$1,800