Indirect

Started by christie
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

christie

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking of buying the Omega 180 from Heine, does anyone have one and can tell me how they like it. I don't need one but the indirects at clinic have poor optics.

Thanks 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi christie:

I have an Omega 180 and I love it. The optics are great, it is lightweight, and fits really well. Most of my class either got the Omega 180 or the Keeler Vantage. I tried on the Omega 150 and it fits fine also, I just didn't like how the filters needed to be attached and are not included on the headset.

I didn't go for the Keeler Vantage because although it is wireless, I'm not that comfortable having a battery pack near my brain. =) Maybe I'm just being too paranoid though. Also, I don't think the Vantage comes with a small pupil feature and it was important for our clinic professors that we become really good at small pupil BIO.

Heine came out with a really nice soft backpack for their BIO last year, also! The difference in price between the 150 and 180 was only $154 through the reps, so I went with the slightly higher priced 180 (I think it's a good investment).

Best wishes,

Rosanna
 
Thanks guys!

My bookstore is charging quite a bit of $ for the Omega 180, do you think it would be less expensive going throught the reps directly?

I do know that if you get it through my bookstore you get a free carrying case, a teaching prism, and two scleral depressors, which is nice. 🙂