Industry Internship Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slothsrule89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out about this opportunity and wondering if I should take it. I am planning to apply for pharmacy school this fall and if I took the internship class. The internship class is at a community college but they have opportunities to place you at the university. I would get industry experience and network as well as LOR for participating. Is it worth it? I would have to work a reduced work schedule and pay for the credits.

I'm planning to take Orgo 2 and possibly calculus in the fall. Taking A and P 1/2 this summer. Planning to take the PCAT in September.

I'm also 5 plus years out of undergrad so I have worked before waking up 9 months ago and decided that I needed to do something else.

Members don't see this ad.

I say take the chance on the opportunity. What are you looking to get out of the internship class? Do you want an industry job before you start pharmacy school? Since you are applying for pharmacy school(I didn't read the fine print) I say it would be worth it. ANY industry job would pay more than being an pharmacy tech. It is good to have your options open.

I say take the chance on the opportunity. What are you looking to get out of the internship class? Do you want an industry job before you start pharmacy school? Since you are applying for pharmacy school(I didn't read the fine print) I say it would be worth it. ANY industry job would pay more than being an pharmacy tech. It is good to have your options open.
I'm also wanting to leave my options open as well.