info for the bio portion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CALgoob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,

ive gone over the ap cliffs and destroyer bio material and was wondering if there is anything else i need to know outside of these two sources. i ask because i remember someone bringing up the renin-angiotensin pathway in sciencegod's post but that wasnt covered in cliffs or destroyer.

thanks a lot for all the help!

Members don't see this ad.

i was gonna say Kaplan but cliffs and destroy basically covers everything + more than kaplan so ... how about Schaum :D

hello all,

ive gone over the ap cliffs and destroyer bio material and was wondering if there is anything else i need to know outside of these two sources. i ask because i remember someone bringing up the renin-angiotensin pathway in sciencegod's post but that wasnt covered in cliffs or destroyer.

take a a look to your text book!

I sugest doing those two thing s again. its better to drill in what u know then to not know it so good and start reading the other material. memorize what you've done cold.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello all,

hey what edition do you have of the Cliffs?
I just got it in the mail today, and Im thinking of skipping all that lab stuff
Im not sure if ill need it

Yah i just picked up Cliff's aswell.. i doubt we need to know that lab stuff.. or maybe ive just tricked myself into believing this -_- haha

any1 kno?

i dont really think the lab stuff is so important but it wouldnt hurt to review it. cliffs and destroyer i personally think will suffice, but use in conjunction with your text to clarify anything youre not too sure about.

dont buy schaums. it is soooo dense and extremely boring.

i would use the campbell book but i dont know which topics to look deeper into! does anyone know that a specific topic (ex. renin-angiotensin pathway, not something super broad like embryology) is asked about on the actual DAT but not in destroyer or kaplan bb?

is this a valid question or does it fall under talking about the test? if so, let me know and i will delete this post.

I bought two schaum bio. It's not too bad. I actually learn alot from here. There is a smaller version of schaum too.

I've used Kaplan and DAT Destroyer, but there's a lot of things that I'm still fuzzy on. I guess I'm more of an audio learner than a visual one, b/c they haven't cleared up a lot for me. I'd consider buying Schaum, but if Gentile1225 is right, it won't help me much.

I was trying to contact old professors to explain somethings to me again, but if you're not in their current class, they don't give you much time. My last option is this new UMKC School of Dentistry DAT Prep course. It's developed and taught by professors. They give you Topscore as well, but I'd much rather have the opportunity to ask questions to a professor. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to consider nursing or dental hygiene.