Info on Different Careers in Nursing

Started by Rooni
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rooni

Ph.D in Horribleness
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hiya folks! This is slightly off topic, but I figured y'all would be the best people to ask for some suggestions.

I have a young cousin (just about to graduate high school) who is interested in a career in nursing, but is a bit overwhelmed by all the possible careers and all the possible different ways to get there (RN, NP, Clinical Nurse Specialist, ASN, BSN, MSN, accelerated programs, etc. etc.). I want to help her out with this, and I'm wondering if you lovely people can suggest any books or websites that have this kind of info laid out in a less overwhelming format...?

Thanks in advance!
 
She should start with a solid, reasonably priced BSN program at a local university. Then go from there. Also, allnurses.com
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome. Sounds like Allnurses.com is the website to check out! Thanks 🙂

If anybody knows of any good hardcopy printed material on the subject, I'd still love to hear about that.