Info on DO program in Moreno Valley, CA at Riverside

redwing

Jul 16, 2009
Just looking for some general information about the Ortho Program at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley, California.

1. The program and any strenghts/weaknesses (ie, patient volume, diversity of procedures)

2. Is the program affiliated with other hospitals for certain rotations such as trauma, hand, sports, etc?

3. Being from Michigan, I know very little about the area. What is it like geographically and culturally?

Thank you!

somewhiteguy41

10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2006
i'm one of the new interns. RCRMC is a solid program, it was my first choice. Tons of volume (mostly trauma), early OR time, great operative autonomy and greatly improved didactics. We rotate at Kaiser for sports, joints and Children's Orange County for Peds. Should be starting a new rotation in the Dominican Rep soon.

Large hispanic population in the desert between LA and San Diego (1.5 hours to either city), hour from the beach or mountains. sunny almost always. no snow....ever.

About the Ads

somewhiteguy41

10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2006
As an intern, i'm still pretty much in the dark. It appears to me that board scores are a part of it. If you don't rotate there they should be high. Doing well on a rotation here is probably the most important thing you can do to improve your chances.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.