Jul 16, 2009
Status
Just looking for some general information about the Ortho Program at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley, California.

1. The program and any strenghts/weaknesses (ie, patient volume, diversity of procedures)

2. Is the program affiliated with other hospitals for certain rotations such as trauma, hand, sports, etc?

3. Being from Michigan, I know very little about the area. What is it like geographically and culturally?

Thank you!

somewhiteguy41

10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2006
Status
i'm one of the new interns. RCRMC is a solid program, it was my first choice. Tons of volume (mostly trauma), early OR time, great operative autonomy and greatly improved didactics. We rotate at Kaiser for sports, joints and Children's Orange County for Peds. Should be starting a new rotation in the Dominican Rep soon.

Large hispanic population in the desert between LA and San Diego (1.5 hours to either city), hour from the beach or mountains. sunny almost always. no snow....ever.

TeamZissou

jaferd
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
MI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Do you mind me asking how heavy they are on board scores (ie cutoff)? Also is a rotation required to obtain an interview?

somewhiteguy41

10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2006
Status
As an intern, i'm still pretty much in the dark. It appears to me that board scores are a part of it. If you don't rotate there they should be high. Doing well on a rotation here is probably the most important thing you can do to improve your chances.

Soccer171983

living the dream
7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2011
Las Vegas
Status
Attending Physician
Could anyone put me into contact with someone familiar with rcrmc tri? My fiancée and I couples matched there.

Feb 28, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Hello all,
Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the orthopedic surgery residency that Nova has at Broward General Medical Center. Thanks a lot!