Info on Seattle University Post Bac Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kerns

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all:

New to the site and I give thanks to all who have posted such great info. It has really helped as I prepare to start the journey to get into med school.

Anyone have any information on Seattle University's post bac med program? I live in WA and am going to be checking into it soon.

Thanks,

Josh

Members don't see this ad.

There are "programs" and there are programs. Seattle U does not compare with a structured postbac such as Mills or Scripps, and calling it a "postbac program" is a stretch. The program isn't much more than a web page telling you what classes to take, and access to an adviser and a club with negligible value add.

That said, if you have plenty of money to spend on tuition, there's nothing wrong with doing your prereqs at Seattle U. Class sizes are pretty small, which is nice.

The choices in the Seattle area are pretty weak, really. UW (and Western) are crowded and demoralizing. SPU and SU are expensive, and are not particularly strong science schools - the community colleges here are just as good. If you can get down to Tacoma, I'd recommend UPS. And think hard about not staying in WA for your prereqs if you have the option to get residency in a state with multiple public med schools like TX, FL, OH. Oh how I wish I'd done that.

Also see the postbac forum for more info.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the info. I agree about leaving WA for the courses and increasing chances of getting into school. I unfortunately am stuck in Seattle. My wife is an ass. professor at UW, in the medical school of all places" She is a clinical psychologist there so we are here for awhile.

Are you here in Seattle?

Thanks