Info regarding new Osteopathic Ortho Residencies

Started by DanDan17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DanDan17

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure if the newly added programs in Brooklyn, Plainview NY Modesto CA, or Vegas have interviewed their first cycle of applicants, but does anyone have any information about these programs? What have you heard? What have you seen? Generally is it a bad idea to apply to a residency that is only 2 or so years old?

If you have talked to program directors or interviewed there I would appreciate the input and I'm assuming a lot of others would like to hear as well.

Cheers
 
I am not sure if the newly added programs in Brooklyn, Plainview NY Modesto CA, or Vegas have interviewed their first cycle of applicants, but does anyone have any information about these programs? What have you heard? What have you seen? Generally is it a bad idea to apply to a residency that is only 2 or so years old?

If you have talked to program directors or interviewed there I would appreciate the input and I'm assuming a lot of others would like to hear as well.

Cheers
I was told at this past years AOAO conference that the programs in Modesto and Brooklyn aren't happening. But yes, plainview and Vegas just matched their first class.

In terms of applying to new residencies, this is ortho, beggers can't be choosers, I'll take a spot where I can get it. I suggest you do the same.
 
I was told at this past years AOAO conference that the programs in Modesto and Brooklyn aren't happening. But yes, plainview and Vegas just matched their first class.

In terms of applying to new residencies, this is ortho, beggers can't be choosers, I'll take a spot where I can get it. I suggest you do the same.

I called up the Brooklyn program myself and they said they are not going forward with it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. From what I know it was made to take over the residency program from Peninsula Hospital (incase it closed/closes down) in NY; for now Peninsula will be open, they got a new buyer.
 
I noticed on opportunities.osteopathic.org that Peninsula is no longer listed. Nor is it on NYCOM's residency webpage. ( http://iris.nyit.edu/~nycomec/ ) Did it move to Brookdale as the "Assistant to the Regional Manager" had mentioned in the above post?

Anyone hear anything good, bad, neutral about Brookdale?

Thanks
 
Brookdale is not happening and neither is South Nassau (or that's what they told me when I called them up about 2 weeks ago).
 
Anyone know what happened to the people that matched at Peninsula? Is NYCOM now going to create a new residency now that Peninsula is closed for good?