Info Sessions/Open Houses

Started by summer921
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

summer921

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does attendance at DPT information sessions / open houses hold any weight in the admissions process? Does anyone feel that their attendance at these types of events were helpful in their DPT admission?

Just curious! Are they worth attending?
 
I think they're helpful in learning what they look for in an application, as well as figuring out if the school is a good fit for you. I wouldn't think it would hold a ton of weight in the admissions process, but it can't hurt to get your name out there.
 
I can't speak for all schools but the Army-Baylor supplemental application specifically asks if you attended a tour of the program. I'm sure it's a way to show you are genuinely interested but I doubt not going is a deal breaker.