Info Sessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ceg

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be attending an info session at my first choice school soon. Just wondering if these are casual or more high-stress affairs? Should I wear my fancy interview suit? I have some questions about admissions that will pretty much single me out when it comes to associating my application with my face from this information session. Just wanted to make sure I make a good impression. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be attending an info session at my first choice school soon. Just wondering if these are casual or more high-stress affairs? Should I wear my fancy interview suit? I have some questions about admissions that will pretty much single me out when it comes to associating my application with my face from this information session. Just wanted to make sure I make a good impression. Thanks!

As someone whose being through the whole process, an information session is just that - a medical school official will come in and talk about their school, their curriculum, what type of candidates they are looking for. Not really high-stress in any way - don't overdo it.

I honestly don't think that it would make a difference in terms of your application. The person who is giving the session is probably an admissions representatitve or director, that person will not be the one who is going to be voting on your application (your interviewer and the other people on the admissions committee will). In any case, based on my experience, your best bet is to score high on your MCAT, get good grades, LOR, and write fantastic personal statement.

Thanks- didn't want to be the tool in a suit when everyone else is wearing jeans or vice versa. I am a very non-trad non-trad so if I ask any questions I figured someone would remember and mark my file as the tool from the info session :)