Info/updates on personality disorders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetskiters

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! :)

I am a Psychology major in my 3rd year of undergrad studies. I'm working on this project on personality disorders.

Since you guys are now working in the field or are pursuing graduate studies, I was wondering if you could point me to articles, sites, books, journals, interviews, or any material (even coming from you) focusing on new findings, theories, treatments, therapies, approaches, strategies, and ideas about all personality disorders. The book we're using was published in early 2004 so any updates regarding PDs after that would really be useful.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to get a little background info about the field you're working in (e.g. are you in the academe or in private practice or in a hospital, etc.) just so I could get a better understanding of the perspective from which you view PDs.

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Look up the "dimensional model of psychopathology" as well, which will discuss all of psychopathology, including PDs, and how they fit on a spectrum (according to epidemiological studies), as opposed to discrete categories.