Informal Post-bac Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nothing here

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm starting an informal post-bac this Fall at a local university. I didn't major in a science degree; therefore, I will be completing the pre-reqs. I have taken Chemistry when I was an undergrad, which I got a C in. Should I retake it?

Also, I plan to take the DAT next summer (2013). Which classes do I need to complete that would help me on the exam?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm starting an informal post-bac this Fall at a local university. I didn't major in a science degree; therefore, I will be completing the pre-reqs. I have taken Chemistry when I was an undergrad, which I got a C in. Should I retake it?

Also, I plan to take the DAT next summer (2013). Which classes do I need to complete that would help me on the exam?

Thank you.

Gen chem series, and o chem series. One or two basic bio classes. :thumbup:

Retake the chemistry class.

I got a C and B- in Gen Chem and didn't retake it. If you need it for review for the DAT, then maybe it might be worth it to take it again. Personally, I say don't especially if money is an issue. Just do well in Orgo. I was able to review gen chem on my own through Khanacademy.