Informal Post-bacc

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by virajpatel, 09.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. virajpatel

virajpatel 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Would you recommend taking Genetics as pre-dental post bacc student? I am doing an informal post-bacc and wanted to take if I should be taking this course. I have never really seen in the recommended additional coursework for dental schools so I am debating whether I should or not.

Other courses I plan on taking next semester are:
    anatomy and physio with lab or physio with A&P lab
    Dev bio with lab or immunology
    Virology

total with any combination of courses would be 14 credits.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Blake1e

Blake1e 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Im in the same position as you and I took genetics. If you cant find or fit into your schedule a science course thats more impressive to adcoms then go ahead and take it. Genetics is still an upper level sci course, at least the one I took was and if yours is also, then it will still look good. However, if its a low level sci course thats still okay b/c youre taking 3 other awesome classes that adcoms absolutely love. Im kinda jealous, my school doesnt offer immunology and virology since the professor who taught both retired a semester or 2 ago and he hasnt been replaced yet, oh well.

4. csudental

csudental Banned Banned Account on Hold

Pre-Dental
    you will need genetics and anatomy for the Bio section on the DAT
    and it's recommended for UCSF i'm not sure which schools required it but most of them recommended it

5. virajpatel

virajpatel 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've already taken the DAT and did fairly well on it so I'm not worried about that. I'm concerned about my GPA and what path i need to be taking. I feel like all hope is lost for me to go to dental school

6. csudental

csudental Banned Banned Account on Hold

Pre-Dental
    i can't give you any answer without knowing your GPA, DAT EC's ?!

About the ads