Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

information about other interviewees at interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jot, Sep 13, 2002.

1. jot

jot

just curious, i'll find out soon enough, but do they tell you who else is interviewing that day and anything about them? i think at our med school they give a list of people and schools they went to. is this usual? random inconsequential question ...

-jot

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

that didn't happen at the interview i went to and i can't imagine that that's normal, but i haven't had much experience with this interviewing thing yet, so maybe i'm wrong. just thought i would post my experience...

4. S.c. Cdc28p

S.c. Cdc28p Member
    7+ Year Member

It's rare that you're officially given a list of fellow interviewees and their info (undergrad college, etc...). I really don't recall anything like that last year when I interviewed... (maybe at Columbia and/or U Mich)...

Good luck on your interviews!

5. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member
    7+ Year Member

At EVMS the Dean read everyone's credentials and told everyone's undergraduate schools. It was rather intimidating.

6. that sounds strange to me, what is the purpose of it??

7. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i was sometimes given a name tag to wear that included my ugrad on it.

8. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member
    7+ Year Member

The dean said that it was fun for him and that it gave us a chance to know how great everyone was and how we all deserved to be in medical school. Hopefully if we deserved it we will get in!:)

9. jot

jot

thats cool, i'm looking forward to meeting people at interviews - seems like they (you) should be an interesting bunch of people. pitt on monday so i'm pumped :)! others enthusiasm for the school is infectious.
    -jot

10. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Good luck jot. Interviews so far have been great to meet people. You get a real good camaraderie getting through the day together. All of my experiences have been alot of fun.

11. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

at most schools, I recall atleast the quick 'round the table' introductions, stating at the very least name and undergrad. Sometimes your major, one time a funny fact, another time 'most recent book read' and so on.

as hokiedoc said, let it be a day for you to create camraderie and even network- tell 'em about the greatness of SDN! :D

12. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    At Pitt we went around the table and gave: name, undergrad, major, and something interesting about ourselves.

13. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

It seems to me that they wouldn't release a list of interviewees for security reasons. Some applicants might try to bump them off to increase their chances of getting in. ;)

14. isidella

7+ Year Member

:laugh:

I'd better watch my back; I am bigtime competition. :rolleyes:

Shout out to Jot, the man. Good luck monday!