information about other interviewees at interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

just curious, i'll find out soon enough, but do they tell you who else is interviewing that day and anything about them? i think at our med school they give a list of people and schools they went to. is this usual? random inconsequential question ...

-jot

Members don't see this ad.

that didn't happen at the interview i went to and i can't imagine that that's normal, but i haven't had much experience with this interviewing thing yet, so maybe i'm wrong. just thought i would post my experience...

It's rare that you're officially given a list of fellow interviewees and their info (undergrad college, etc...). I really don't recall anything like that last year when I interviewed... (maybe at Columbia and/or U Mich)...

Good luck on your interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
At EVMS the Dean read everyone's credentials and told everyone's undergraduate schools. It was rather intimidating.

The dean said that it was fun for him and that it gave us a chance to know how great everyone was and how we all deserved to be in medical school. Hopefully if we deserved it we will get in!:)

thats cool, i'm looking forward to meeting people at interviews - seems like they (you) should be an interesting bunch of people. pitt on monday so i'm pumped :)! others enthusiasm for the school is infectious.
-jot

Good luck jot. Interviews so far have been great to meet people. You get a real good camaraderie getting through the day together. All of my experiences have been alot of fun.

at most schools, I recall atleast the quick 'round the table' introductions, stating at the very least name and undergrad. Sometimes your major, one time a funny fact, another time 'most recent book read' and so on.

as hokiedoc said, let it be a day for you to create camraderie and even network- tell 'em about the greatness of SDN! :D

At Pitt we went around the table and gave: name, undergrad, major, and something interesting about ourselves.

It seems to me that they wouldn't release a list of interviewees for security reasons. Some applicants might try to bump them off to increase their chances of getting in. ;)

Originally posted by CaNEM
It seems to me that they wouldn't release a list of interviewees for security reasons. Some applicants might try to bump them off to increase their chances of getting in. ;)

:laugh:

I'd better watch my back; I am bigtime competition. :rolleyes:

Shout out to Jot, the man. Good luck monday!