information abt UCLA

Started by ami_iq
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ami_iq

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I and would like to have some information on this school.how would you grade the staff,facilities,patient pool etc.I have to choose between BU and UCLA. i heard the patient pool is very poor.please tell me the pros and cons of this school so that i know what i am getting into.all inputs would be appreciated. thanks .
 
Go to UCLA hands down. I spent my first two years of ug at UCLA and it was a blast. I don't know about the dental school, but if its on the main campus in Westwood which i think it is because they just built a big ass Hospitol which i believe contains the med school and dental possibly. I don't know where your from or if you have ever been there but the campus is absolutley amazing and Westwood is a great town/city. The only negative i had about the area was that there were a lot of EXTREMELY RICH kids and people in general.

Also the weather is amazing it rains like once every couple months and it is always low humidity and great a great temp.
 
I am a little bias, but BU is supposedly an excellent school for their dental program...they have innovative programs (like APEX which is a mentorship program) that are not offered at any school and have a reputation for having a great pool of students. It depends on what you find most important...for me, I was looking for a dental program that was different from others and that was student friendly. BU seems to fit that ideal very well.
Good luck!

ami_iq said:
I and would like to have some information on this school.how would you grade the staff,facilities,patient pool etc.I have to choose between BU and UCLA. i heard the patient pool is very poor.please tell me the pros and cons of this school so that i know what i am getting into.all inputs would be appreciated. thanks .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
go to UCLA...it would take me far too long to tell you why. There are no good girls in Boston.
 
LOL I didn't know that was a criteria for dental school.
To each their own I guess. Maybe that might have been a criteria for me back in junior high, but not for professional school!

dexadental said:
go to UCLA...it would take me far too long to tell you why. There are no good girls in Boston.
 
i can share you my experience volunteering at ucla. since i'm just grad from ucla. overall, 9 out of 10. what's wrong with the 1 point? since there are no perfect school. anyway, patients... mostly, understandable, approachable, and nice. (since they knew they will be treated by 3rd/4th year dental students) work pace: highly motivated since 2-3 professors work with a small group dental students. professors: nice, approachable, humors, and (still observing... hehe...) supervisors (ea. area): nice and friendly. you know, ucla ranked the 2nd most funds/grants in researches. so, for dental school, i think it's around 10th, but 2nd for overall school. and, environment: very diverse. grading: pass/no pass (will be ranked also, like top 5% of the class or something like that, and students will be warned if closed to fail even though it shows "pass")
these are what i have found so far from the day i entered ucla till the day i stepped out from there... hope my experiences help partial...