Information re post-bacc programs with all or nearly-all night/week-end classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flyingbridge

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, all, thanks a whole lot for the answers to my two questions re Drexel's PMED and my angst re money. This is my last for now as I don't want to wear out my welcome. 🙂 Anyway, this is my question: does anyone now where one could find, assuming such a beast exists, a comprehensive list of post-bacc programs in the US that offer all or most of their classes at night or on the week-ends (like Drexel's PMED program)? Or do I simply have to call every uni. that offers one and pester them about it?

Thanks in advance, and sorry of these all seem like newbie questions, but alas, I am a newbie.
 
I don't know of a list. I did my post-bacc a la carte at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. All of the pre-reqs are offered in the evening. I did take a few non-pre-req courses during the day. I would imagine that most larger universities have evening sections that you can take a la carte. But perhaps you're looking only at formal programs?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flyingbridge said:
BTW, I found this on the AMA web site to locate post-bacc programs:

http://services.aamc.org/postbac/

At the least it will help me and perhaps others narrow things down some in their search for schools.

Harvard is all evening, usually between 6-9 with classes meeting once a week. Some labs are offered on Saturday mornings. BTW, Harvard is basically the best value program in the country. 4 credit courses are $800.

Ockham
 
A minor thing about Harvard. They only offer non-calculus based Physics.
 
Everything though Penn's post-bacc is on the night/weekend. Temple has night/weekend sections as well. Most if not all schools post their class schedule online, so you can search their registrar to find night classes.
 
Thanks, Ockham. Do you have a URL to such a program at Harvard? Can't find it on their web site.... Thanks!

ockhamsRzr said:
Harvard is all evening, usually between 6-9 with classes meeting once a week. Some labs are offered on Saturday mornings. BTW, Harvard is basically the best value program in the country. 4 credit courses are $800.

Ockham
 
blankguy said:
A minor thing about Harvard. They only offer non-calculus based Physics.

What's wrong with non-calculus based Physics 😕
 
flyingbridge said:
Thanks, Ockham. Do you have a URL to such a program at Harvard? Can't find it on their web site.... Thanks!

http://www.extension.harvard.edu/hcp/

Unless you want to be a physicist, I don't think there's anything wrong with non-calculus-based physics. It's easier and it's plenty for the MCAT.

I did my post-bacc at Harvard and thought it was excellent. Everyone who did well in our class that I know is getting in to med school.