Inhaled agents and Alzheimer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Planktonmd

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the data trying to link Inhaled agents to early onset of Alzheimer?

Are we witnessing the demise of Inhaled anesthetics?

Here is the link to the article in JAMA, April 25:
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/extract/297/16/1760

Members don't see this ad.

Plankton, any chance you can post the entire article if it is not too long? It would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, what do the studies say about anesthesiologist exposure to anesthetics in the OR? I suppose it would actually be exposure of anyone in the OR, but yeah, any work done in that angle? It'd be interesting to see if there's an increase in occurrence of Alzheimer's in anesthesiologists if there is any exposure.

Out of curiosity, what do the studies say about anesthesiologist exposure to anesthetics in the OR? I suppose it would actually be exposure of anyone in the OR, but yeah, any work done in that angle? It'd be interesting to see if there's an increase in occurrence of Alzheimer's in anesthesiologists if there is any exposure.

I can't remember. :scared:

Nah, that ain't the holy grail. Tell those research clowns that the answer will be found in the human genome, that's why they spent over a billion dollars deciphering it. The big buzz 10 years ago was that aluminum caused Alzheimer's dz. -- that didn't pan out and anesthetic gases won't either.

Nah, that ain't the holy grail. Tell those research clowns that the answer will be found in the human genome, that's why they spent over a billion dollars deciphering it. The big buzz 10 years ago was that aluminum caused Alzheimer's dz. -- that didn't pan out and anesthetic gases won't either.

What's anesthetic gases? **** I can't remember anything. Where's my sodoko?

----Regards, Zip
:D