inhaled heparin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kellia

aspiring pharmacist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing a presetation for a critical care rotation on the use of inhaled heparin in treatment of inhalation injuries. I wanted to compare the PK parameters between IV heparin and inhaled heparin, only I can't find any details about inhaled heparin PK!! I have searched high and low, so now I come to you all for help! Any insight would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No takers??

Members don't see this ad :)
haven't heard anything about it - and I've researched burns extensively. let us know what you find!

I am doing a presetation for a critical care rotation on the use of inhaled heparin in treatment of inhalation injuries. I wanted to compare the PK parameters between IV heparin and inhaled heparin, only I can't find any details about inhaled heparin PK!! I have searched high and low, so now I come to you all for help! Any insight would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Where are you searching? Have you tried doing a PUBMED search?

Pubmed, what is that?

Pubmed has a lot of journal articles related to research, many of them medically based.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed

It is very useful for doing lots of types of research.

Your school should have an account with Pubmed, otherwise you would have to pay for access to a lot of the articles. It's best to log in through your school.

Yes, I tried PubMed, and several other resources including good old google. The only thing that I came up with for PK is that it seems to be dose dependent, basically based on how well/how much the patient breathes in. PubMed has several studies, but none report PK parameters... :-(

If anyone has any other tips, please let me know!!!

You could try checking at International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis usually have abstracts regarding fairly new drugs etc. I also got some abstracts regarding apixban there too.

http://www.med.unc.edu/isth/