Initial Licensure Application Guidance Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hareman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I will be graduating from a FL dental school in a month. Then I will be moving to Texas to work for at least 18 months. But the ultimate goal is to move back to FL shortly after that. My question is, does the order I apply for licensure matter? Should I apply for TX before FL license, or vice versa?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
I will be graduating from a FL dental school in a month. Then I will be moving to Texas to work for at least 18 months. But the ultimate goal is to move back to FL shortly after that. My question is, does the order I apply for licensure matter? Should I apply for TX before FL license, or vice versa?

thanks!
Order doesn’t matter, but you might look into getting them both at the same time (assuming you have already planned licensing exams and whatnot). Depending on the state and what their rules are, it can sometimes be easier to apply for a license w/in 12 months of graduating than it is trying to meet their other requirements w/ CE, etc. after that time, especially if CE is state specific and hard to find remotely.