Injectables & State Laws

Started by iowaeyes
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iowaeyes

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know a good resource where I can find the state laws and regulations regarding the use of injectables? I am specifically interested in the Iowa state laws. I can't seem to find anything with a Google search...Thanks!
 
Does anyone know a good resource where I can find the state laws and regulations regarding the use of injectables? I am specifically interested in the Iowa state laws. I can't seem to find anything with a Google search...Thanks!


every state has different laws and regulations .. look them up in the state boards.

ex: boston masach. optometry boards.
 
Okay, so in Iowa I found that you can only use injectable for anaphylactic reaction. But does anyone know if there is a list of states that do allow injectables? I can find all kinds of articles that say, "X number of states allow optometrists to use injectables..." but never a list of those states...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so in Iowa I found that you can only use injectable for anaphylactic reaction. But does anyone know if there is a list of states that do allow injectables? I can find all kinds of articles that say, "X number of states allow optometrists to use injectables..." but never a list of those states...

www.odwire.org

Many more practicing ODs there, and as an optometry student you'll be granted access to the forums. Should be able to find your answer over there.
 
I once saw a grid w/ all 50 states that compiled a checklist of all there scope of practice info. If I find it again, I'll post it.

AA
 
Hmmm...I am a AOA member I believe, I paid dues for AOSA (student association), so would that grant me access?
 
login involves your aosa/aoa number and date of birth. you should have everything you need