Step I Injured hand and just 4 months out. Need study advice

Started by Rihan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rihan

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there SDN, I'd really appreciate some advice about my situation wrt preparing for this exam.

As mentioned in the title I can't write at all because of pain in my right hand and even typing gets tough after a few minutes without taking a break. I was diagnosed with Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) of my hand about 2 months ago. The only effective treatment is to rest my hand properly and take it easy. But it's hard to say if I can afford to do this right now.

Normally I'd do a block of UWorld questions every day and take notes on all the questions/compile a journal. I'm typing notes out nowadays, but like I said it's quite painful to do for longer than a few minutes and I need regular breaks. More importantly, I'm really concerned that doing this for the next few months will delay my recovery and that it will just get worse. I don't want that to happen.

I'm aiming to accomplish almost a full review of all the UWorld questions before dedicated. How can I study UWorld effectively while minimizing the burden of note-taking?

I have a few thoughts like only taking short notes on Incorrects only with Anki maybe? Can anyone comment on this or anything else I could try? Thanks for reading guys any suggestions you might have are appreciated.
 
Last edited: