Inpatient med record in the military

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my IM rotation in the Navy I had hard time reading someone’s hand writing. Do you think inpatient medical records system in the military/navy will be electronic in the near future? Do you know the reason not electronic yet..
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what hospital you work at but in 2008 when I was at NMCSD internal medicine, inpatient records where electronic and outpatient records where electronic (two different systems). When I was leaving, we were switching to an electronic order system as well.

In my IM rotation in the Navy I had hard time reading someone’s hand writing. Do you think inpatient medical records system in the military/navy will be electronic in the near future? Do you know the reason not electronic yet..
Thank you

This post makes no sense. All three hospitals that have IM residencies in the Navy use Essentris/CIS/Clinicomp (different names, same program) for notes and to varying degrees for order writing. NNMC used CIS as far back as 1999, others for nearly as long.

If, on the other hand, it is the case that you did an IM rotation at a facility other than NNMC, NMCSD or NMCP, please PM me. I would love to know where that is happening.