Input Regarding Columbia AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tummala_p

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one has an idea regarding columbia AEGD ? any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

very nice program and people are generally happy at the program. They say it has improved a lot. GPR at Columbia is pretty bad, from the words of the past GPR residents

very nice program and people are generally happy at the program. They say it has improved a lot. GPR at Columbia is pretty bad, from the words of the past GPR residents

Thanks Balki, Just want to Clearify Do you mean the Columbus rather than columbia? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHA yeah Columbus dental school the one Christopher Columbus went to. He used to hang out in Washington Heights with the locals and that's where the Dominican population came from!
To add to my previous post the most important thing is the Program Director. He is not very likable and pretty arrogant. But that's what allows him to run the program smoothly (otherwise the undergrads would take control of the floor :) )

Can you elaborate on the advantages/disadvantages of their AEGD program? Does the program expose its residents to all specialties?

And what's the size of their AEGD class? Is it generally competitive to get in?

Your feedback would be much appreciated, as I'm seriously considering applying there.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in my previous response I am not an AEGD fellow at Columbia, I am undergrad student there. But because they are on the same floor with us i know many of them and have a general idea of what is going on there. I think it's about as competitive as any other AEGD. But in terms of exposure to specialties I highly doubt there is any at all. It's a programs that is heavily tailored towards general practice and assumes the graduates are going straight into private practice. I do know that there are members of the program that have applied to peds and ortho however. They have classes at 8 am in the morning and then mostly in clinic seeing patients.
If you are looking for a program that rotates through consider Columbia GPR. But then you'll be seeing much more medically compromised patients and be on call so make sure you like that. That's all I know about the program. Good luck