Inputting school-specific prerequisites on AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carboxylicpremed

Reaction score
So I'm filling out NYITCOM's rn, and it says

Biology
One year with lecture and lab, including a basic course in general biology or zoology.

Minimum Credits8 | Minimum Grades2

So if you were a bio major, and have like 20 bio classes, do you add them all where you can manually check off the classes from your prereqs? Or just intro bio 1 + 2 + labs

edit: or is that just for our reference?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm filling out NYITCOM's rn, and it says

Biology
One year with lecture and lab, including a basic course in general biology or zoology.

Minimum Credits8 | Minimum Grades2

So if you were a bio major, and have like 20 bio classes, do you add them all where you can manually check off the classes from your prereqs? Or just intro bio 1 + 2 + labs

edit: or is that just for our reference?
I cherry picked my classes that I had better grades in to fill my pre-reqs. I sometimes listed more classes that fit the category, but I do not think it's necessary. They will see all your classes on your app anyway - at least this is my take on it @Goro I had an II to NYITCOM JB and they emailed me about my english pre-reqs that were a little iffy asking for syllabi.

Reactions: 1 user
I cherry picked my classes that I had better grades in to fill my pre-reqs. I sometimes listed more classes that fit the category, but I do not think it's necessary. They will see all your classes on your app anyway - at least this is my take on it @Goro I had an II to NYITCOM JB and they emailed me about my english pre-reqs that were a little iffy asking for syllabi.

Interesting, thanks! I saw one school specified only inputting the minimum, but the rest didn't say anything.

I used some APs so I wanted to show my upper-level replacements (even though it appears most are fine w/ AP), but then again I have a ton of classes for one of the requirements so I wasn't sure if it's a problem to add all that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting, thanks! I saw one school specified only inputting the minimum, but the rest didn't say anything.

I used some APs so I wanted to show my upper-level replacements (even though it appears most are fine w/ AP), but then again I have a ton of classes for one of the requirements so I wasn't sure if it's a problem to add all that.
I would say don't add all. Just maybe one or two extra. You can view your AACOMAS application to that specific school after you submit and the pre-req section you are completing now will show a list at the end of the app if I'm remembering it right. However, before that section they see ALL your classes anyway.

What happens if someone forgets to input the minimum pre reqs even though they are on transcript? (it lets you submit as long as there is one course selected per subject) Huge deal? Email school?

Last edited: