Inputting school-specific prerequisites on AACOMAS

carboxylicpremed

Mar 27, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
    So I'm filling out NYITCOM's rn, and it says

Biology
    One year with lecture and lab, including a basic course in general biology or zoology.

Minimum Credits8 | Minimum Grades2

So if you were a bio major, and have like 20 bio classes, do you add them all where you can manually check off the classes from your prereqs? Or just intro bio 1 + 2 + labs

edit: or is that just for our reference?

Kumorebi

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    2+ Year Member
    Silver Member
    Jun 21, 2017
    1. Medical Student
      So I'm filling out NYITCOM's rn, and it says

Biology
      One year with lecture and lab, including a basic course in general biology or zoology.

Minimum Credits8 | Minimum Grades2

So if you were a bio major, and have like 20 bio classes, do you add them all where you can manually check off the classes from your prereqs? Or just intro bio 1 + 2 + labs

edit: or is that just for our reference?
      I cherry picked my classes that I had better grades in to fill my pre-reqs. I sometimes listed more classes that fit the category, but I do not think it's necessary. They will see all your classes on your app anyway - at least this is my take on it @Goro I had an II to NYITCOM JB and they emailed me about my english pre-reqs that were a little iffy asking for syllabi.

Reactions: 1 user

carboxylicpremed

Mar 27, 2019
      1. Pre-Medical
        I cherry picked my classes that I had better grades in to fill my pre-reqs. I sometimes listed more classes that fit the category, but I do not think it's necessary. They will see all your classes on your app anyway - at least this is my take on it @Goro I had an II to NYITCOM JB and they emailed me about my english pre-reqs that were a little iffy asking for syllabi.

Interesting, thanks! I saw one school specified only inputting the minimum, but the rest didn't say anything.

I used some APs so I wanted to show my upper-level replacements (even though it appears most are fine w/ AP), but then again I have a ton of classes for one of the requirements so I wasn't sure if it's a problem to add all that.

Kumorebi

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
        2+ Year Member
        Silver Member
        Jun 21, 2017
        1. Medical Student
          Interesting, thanks! I saw one school specified only inputting the minimum, but the rest didn't say anything.

I used some APs so I wanted to show my upper-level replacements (even though it appears most are fine w/ AP), but then again I have a ton of classes for one of the requirements so I wasn't sure if it's a problem to add all that.
          I would say don't add all. Just maybe one or two extra. You can view your AACOMAS application to that specific school after you submit and the pre-req section you are completing now will show a list at the end of the app if I'm remembering it right. However, before that section they see ALL your classes anyway.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.