Inputting Transcripts OptomCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t-anteater

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In terms of inputting your planned classes on optomCAS (let's say you're a third year going on fourth, and plan to apply after your third year - you would still have your fourth year classes planned), how detailed do you have to be? It's hard to know exactly which classes you're going to take because it depends on which courses will be offered those upcoming quarters. Do schools not really care what you put there, and are you only supposed to input the classes that really matter, like the prerequisites? Or do you have to put a complete plan and list all of the specific classes for the rest of the quarters you will be attending up until graduation?

Thank you for any help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think Optomcas deletes old applications. You should just wait until July or whenever Optomcas opens for the 2019-20 cycle.

I think Optomcas deletes old applications. You should just wait until July or whenever Optomcas opens for the 2019-20 cycle.

Thanks! But I meant more like if I were to apply this cycle (Summer 2019) for Fall 2020 matriculation, and I’m graduating Spring 2020, would I need to put down each class I’m taking in Winter 2020 and Spring 2020? Because if I apply this summer, those classes won’t be set in stone yet, and I will only be enrolled for Fall 2019 classes at the time.

Will optomCAS want me to input all my classes that I plan to take Winter and Spring? Or do they only care about when I plan to take prerequisites, and I would just leave those quarters blank for the transcript portion of the app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, just put down classes you've taken and plan to take (if any). Don't have to be super meticulous about it, sorry for the misunderstanding!

Put it exactly how it shows on your transcript (so since you are not yet signed up for them yet they will not be there). Once you do each schools individual app they have you fill out their class requirements and that's when you can put stuff on when you plan to take it or like "in progress"

Optomcas application information rolls over. Only things that gets deleted is LOR and transcripts.

Reactions: 1 user