INR Fellowship, 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RAD345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please share your interviews and ideas about the programs for INR fellowship, starting 2012:

It helps to update the list of programs that accepting neurologist and also gives us a view of how good/bad the program is.

If you are aware of any related meeting, please also post here.

Thanks,
RAD345

Members don't see this ad.

From the information I gathered:

1. Cornell University, Dr. Gobin (Rad)
Accepting Neuro, NS and Rad residents. offered interviews this year.
3 attendings (2 Rad, 1 NS, under NS dept), 2 angio table, 3 fellows each year (one of them in house from NS program). Strong program, Post-op unit, next to angio suite, planning to have MRI machine next to Angio suite in next couple years. Hand-on Experience, >900 angios a year (including diagnostics) STRONG program!

2. UMDNJ, Dr. Gandhi (NS)
Accepting Neuro, NS residents, offered interview this year.
2 attendings (2 NS), One angio table, 2 fellows each year (one of them filled in house from NS program), Junior fellow: diagnostic procedure, Senior fellow: Therapeutics. A lot of coiling.

3. University of Miami, Dr. Yavagal (Neuro)
Accepting for 2013, already interviewed for 2012. 2 active attendings (1 Neuro and 1 NS), 2 angio tables, very hand-on experience, ONE fellow each year. very good on stroke

Just wondering, but is it possible to do diagnostic neurorads after doing a neurology residency (without having to do training in general radiology)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Emory University Hospital + Grady hospital with a brand-new 20-Million neuro ICU + Interventional suite + CT integrated IN the ICU offers IN fellowships predominantly for neurologists... I am not interested in IN but interviewed there for residency and I must say: VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Can we try to revive this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone heard from MCW, Mayo and Baptist in Miami?
Univ of Miami filled for 2012.

They are opening a second neurology program in Miami? Or just for Interventional?