Insanity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IgD

The Lorax
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This guy I work with is a MSC type. He is an O3 in an O5 billet. He just won an all-Navy kind of award and had a deployment to Iraq under his belt. So he applied (and was accepted) for a few PhD programs. The Navy decided they weren't going to offer out-service training this year. So it was basically down to him and another O3 who works in a medical clinic and has never been deployed. My co-worker bleeds Navy blue and didn't get picked up for the position!

In the aftermath he was counseled that the board noticed his fitrep went from early promote to must promote. What happened is there is another hard charging MSC in the office. The CO decided to alternate who got the MP and EP.

That's insane!

Members don't see this ad.

This guy I work with is a MSC type. He is an O3 in an O5 billet. He just won an all-Navy kind of award and had a deployment to Iraq under his belt. So he applied (and was accepted) for a few PhD programs. The Navy decided they weren't going to offer out-service training this year. So it was basically down to him and another O3 who works in a medical clinic and has never been deployed. My co-worker bleeds Navy blue and didn't get picked up for the position!

In the aftermath he was counseled that the board noticed his fitrep went from early promote to must promote. What happened is there is another hard charging MSC in the office. The CO decided to alternate who got the MP and EP.

That's insane!

the key line in your paragraph is "my co-worker bleeds"

milmed is a blood letting experience. I had a similar exprience myself a few years ago when I was part of a committee to go to the USAFP meeting and at the last minute was dropped so the Chief of staff could offer a "carrot" to someone coming up on his DOS (to try and persuade him to re-up). So I missed the meeting/USAFP Annual and the other guy got out of the USAF as he planned anyways.:thumbdown: