Institutional Action Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Scotty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
l

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm guessing you will have to report the IA, but probably will not have it hurt you much.

Reactions: 1 users
I can't believe you got an IA for skipping a party and studying... that's more like an EC than an IA! Sorry you got that. :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
You will need to report it, but shouldn't be a big deal. Still make sure you own the mistake and take the blame. Explain what you learned from it if asked at interviews. You will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Report it, own it, and you'll be fine. This is trivial.

So, three years ago, I was subject to an institutional action. As I will be applying to medical school soon, I have a question about this.

Basically, what I did was the library at our school requires that we have a College ID on us whenever we are studying there after hours. The place where I lived one night had a party, and I had to go study, but I couldn't find my own ID so I used someone else's. I was caught for doing so, and received an, according to the schools, 'a extremely low level violation'. Since, I have gotten this matter expunged. However, should I report something like this on the AMCAS. I do not want to risk getting my application thrown in another pile because of a dumb mistake (albeit just trying to study) I made so long ago.

Thoughts?

This is the opposite of the "sorry for partying" lifestyle.... you'll be okay though OP!

I think you should be fine! Just report it explain it similarly to how you did here. Sorry your school decided to do that

Thanks for easing the anxiety guys! Guess I'll do just that.